Random thought

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Random thought

Post by Captain Seafort »

Given the UFP's observed attitude towards health and safety (holodecks, transporters, warp cores, etc), what do you think? :P
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

You'd mutate into some horribly grotesque, tea coloured spider.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

There are forcefields, occasionally you see the forcefield sparkle thing in front of it while its materializing, I have no idea where I've seen it a few times I just don't remember which ones as I never thought it important.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Nickswitz wrote:There are forcefields, occasionally you see the forcefield sparkle thing in front of it while its materializing, I have no idea where I've seen it a few times I just don't remember which ones as I never thought it important.
I don't think those are forcefields, or at least not protective forcefields - it's just the transporter aspect of the replicator.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Nickswitz wrote:There are forcefields, occasionally you see the forcefield sparkle thing in front of it while its materializing, I have no idea where I've seen it a few times I just don't remember which ones as I never thought it important.
I don't think those are forcefields, or at least not protective forcefields - it's just the transporter aspect of the replicator.
Probably
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Maybe health and safety has gone the way of fossil fuels by the 24th century :)
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I've often wondered if lazy people could just beam food into their stomachs.

...Or alternatively, forgo the crapper altogether...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I've often wondered if lazy people could just beam food into their stomachs.

...Or alternatively, forgo the crapper altogether...

List GKs conclusion of the "shite to shite" transporter? :lol:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

If you're dumb enough to stick your hand in an operating machine then tough luck with your new tea hand... though I'm sure every Englishman here wouldn't be to worried about having such.

As to phasers v any other weapon... I'll take bullets over phasers for combat every day of the week. Maybe I'd carry one of those little pocket phasers for starting camp fires or stunning someone if I must. But when its time to lay down the law and get to the dust up, bullets with bullets followed by more bullets with extra bullets for good measure.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deepcrush wrote:I'm sure every Englishman here wouldn't be to worried about having such.
What on earth would give you that idea? How do you expect anyone to bowl an off break with a teacup attached to their hand?
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Deepcrush wrote:Maybe I'd carry one of those little pocket phasers for starting camp fires or stunning someone if I must.
I do love those little pocket phasers. As I've said before, if all Officer and Crew kept one about their person at all times, then most random invaders/escaped prisoners of the week wouldn't get 10 metres.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

kostmayer wrote:I do love those little pocket phasers. As I've said before, if all Officer and Crew kept one about their person at all times, then most random invaders/escaped prisoners of the week wouldn't get 10 metres.
Or, more likely, Starfleet officers with a full set of fingers would become a rare breed.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Captain Seafort wrote:What on earth would give you that idea? How do you expect anyone to bowl an off break with a teacup attached to their hand?
Excuses... excuses...
Captain Seafort wrote:
kostmayer wrote:I do love those little pocket phasers. As I've said before, if all Officer and Crew kept one about their person at all times, then most random invaders/escaped prisoners of the week wouldn't get 10 metres.
Or, more likely, Starfleet officers with a full set of fingers would become a rare breed.
Or, it could be both.
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

:P A pocket phaser on a rail under the barrel of your automatic......best of both worlds. :jester:
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Vic wrote::P A pocket phaser on a rail under the barrel of your automatic......best of both worlds. :jester:
Detachable would be nice too, that would honestly work as it would help with the aiming issue.

Point at the target's upper torso and you'll hit center mass.