Trek Books, Games and General chat
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Civilian Ships

Post by Mikey »

Vic wrote:Wait, isn't Chicago a criminal element? :poke: :twisted:
What have you got against Fosse musicals?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Sionnach Glic wrote:
Sonic Glitch wrote:
Mark wrote:My uncle had a friend who had an armored Mercedez Benz. He was affiliated with some criminal elements in Chicago......so it made sense for him.
Edited for accuracy.
Fixed. :P
Dangit! Subscipt, superscript, they're close ... :worried:
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

There's also "Strike". :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Sionnach Glic wrote:There's also "Strike". :wink:
Sunuva... Alright, I give up.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

See what happens?

Ok, let me bounce this off you guys. In the opening, the protaganest found himself declared dead by Starfleet while working for S31. S31 promised him re-instatement if he completed their mission, and reniged on the deal. Thus the chip on his shoulder. After writing a bit I found so many holes in that I disgarded it.

Tell me what you think of this instead.

He's the youngest Captain to ever command a Galaxy Glass (or better) starship. He had fame, glory, prestige, and a bit of an ego. However, he also has a TOS sense of right and wrong. He does something to save the civilization of a planet from impending doom, and since he (according to Picard) violated the Prime Directive doing so, is discharged from Starfleet.

Strikes me as more beliveable. What about you guys?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Depends on what you want as the chatacter's underlying theme. If you want, rebel, renegade, bad boy, dangerous streak - thengo with "A." If you want (as I suspect) a guy who may be overly pragmatic at times, and has been known to go against the powers that be - but underneath, has a true core of ethics - then go with "B."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

What I'm looking for is a fallen golden boy. His entire career he was marked to do great things (much like Kirk). Was given command of a state of the art, ship of the line and a very young age. And had all of that stripped away by an organization that he trusted and spent his life upholding and serving. Now, he is just adrift and trying to find SOMETHING again. Alot of the humor in the story will come from his new cynicism and the fact that he's on an old bucket of bolts, where ANY kind of amenities are scarce (like replicators, holodecks, private quarters, or even private showers), an assortment of characters (some colorful and some dangerous), crappy food, serious reduction in rank, and the fact that for the first time EVER, he is completely alone in the galaxy.

He's going to be a "warrior" character (able to kick ass much like Kirk), but his age will show through and he's going to discover his life in the "clean and proper" Starfleet really DIDN'T prepare him for the life he finds himself in.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

So it's a lot like what would probably have happened if Kirk had been born in the TNG era?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Thats the general idea :wink: