Demo Old School fight

Trek Books, Games and General chat
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Sent my tactical orders
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, lets get the shooting started.

JudgeKing:
Phasers:
Okay, Judge fires his phasers at Deep's centre section, trying to hit the bridge (-2 to hit). His forward phasers were destroyed in that last barrage (along with the front of the ship!), but because Deep's above him, the port and starboard phasers, and the ones on the nacelles are able to hit him (6 in total).
So;
1st shot: hit
2nd shot: hit
3rd shot: miss
4th shot: miss
5th shot: miss
6th shot: hit

So, half of them hit, doing 540,000 damage to Deep's ventral shields. Deep's ventral shields are now down to 105,000.

Judge also orders the tac officer to fire torpedoes.....then realises he doesn't have them anymore (blown up in the last shooting round).

Deep's total remaining shield strength is down to 3,330,000.

Deepcrush:
Deep responds with a massive wall of untargeted fire, hoping to cause as much damage as possible to Judge's Prometheus.
Polaron emmiters:
Seing as how the heavy cannons and two of the normal prow cannons were knocked out last round, Deep has only four remaining on the forward section. However, as it's a bit above the Prommie, it can bring it's ventral weapons to bear as well, for a horrifying total of ten cannons!
So;
1st shot: hit (central section)
2nd shot: miss
3rd shot: miss
4th shot: miss
5th shot: hit (Central engineering section)
6th shot: hit (port nacelle)
7th shot: miss
8th shot: hit (port saucer)
9th shot: miss
10th shot: miss (by a mile)

A grand total of 2,820,000 hits JudgeKing's dorsal shields (543,750), blasting through them like paper, with 2,276,250 left still to hit the ship! :shock:

Torps: Deep fires all five forward launchers at Judge, for a massive 20 torps, on wide spread.
And: 13 hits! :shock:
3 on the centre section
2 on the port saucer
4 on the starboard saucer
2 on the starboard nacelle
1 on port nacelle
1 on central engineering section

Um...here comes the damage:
Polaron cannons:
The first hits on the central section...and blows straight through the ship, anhilating the centre of the saucer, and the bridge. Thankfully, a quick thinking ensign beamed JudgeKing to the backup bridge just as the main bridge was destroyed.
The second shot hits the central engineering section......and the warp core. The crew tries to eject the core before it blows.....and fail misserably (rolled a 3). So, the ship detonates violently before the rest of the shots even slam into the hull.
Ouch.
------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that was a surprisingly quick (and explosive) battle. I had a feeling form the start that it was a bit of a mismatch, though. Deep's battleship had virtualy no chance of losing, even if Judge and Granite had teamed up from the beginning.
Well, Captains, your thoughts?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Promote my second tac officer! :lol:

It was a very uneven match to start with but the shooting was great! Its hard to believe but I think that a pair of prommies could have beaten me. He did manage to get through my sheilds after all.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, if he still had his torps left, he might have blown your bridge up.
Not enough to win, but a nice parting shot. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

True, that was fun!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu