Demo Old School fight

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Cool. If Granite doesn't turn up by tommorow afternoon, I think we might as well start anyway. He mentioned before that he had computer problems.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i'm in!
k'plah and k'pooey!
will try to check here, english time, every half hour to hour, from 9am-7pm monday- fri
hope you're all behaving
although at the moment don't have enough time to read rocheys' huge scholary ream of rules so will just ''say stuff'' like a true 40k ork
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Good to haev you with us. A three way free for all will add a nice dimension to the battle. Will two of you team up on one? Will you all just go nuts shooting? Who knows.
So, send your orders to me by PM so no one else sees your orders.

So, here's everyone's ship stats. If any of you feel like changing your ships, say it now.

Misc notes: Disruptors function mostly the same as phasers for this round
You can fire 4 torps each turn with a normal launcher, and twice that with a pulse launcher. All torps must be targeted at the same target, with a specific spread.

Granitehewer: D'tai (not much info on this ship, so it's mostly guesswork.)

Speed: 73,500 metres per turn

Weapons:
2 X Mark 16 pulse disrupter cannon, forward mounted. Damage: 240,000
10 x Mark 12 disrupter cannon, 2 forward, 2 rear, 2 port, 2 starboard, 2 dorsal. Damage: 187,500
4 X photon torpedo launchers, 2 fore, 2 aft.

Weapons range and accuracy: 780

Sections:
Forward weapons pod Disruptor
Bridge section
neck
rear weapons pod
port/starboard "wings" x 2
nacells x2
rear engineering
central engineering

Shields: 2,160,000

Hull: 91,900 per section

JudgeKing: Prometheus (MVAM broken for this round)

Speed: No speed rating for the Prommie, so I'll give it a speed of 200,000 per turn (it seemed fairly fast, as far as I remember)

Weapons:
12 x Type XII phaser arrays, 2 on the forward saucer, 2 on the port saucer, 2 on the starboard saucer, 1 on each of the nacelles, 2 on rear engineering, and 2 on forward engineering. Damage: 180,000
2 x Pulse fire quantum torpedo tube, 1 fore, 1 aft.

Weapons range and accuracy: 1,175

Sections:
Front saucer
Center saucer
Port/starboard saucer
rear saucer (the neck)
Forward engineering
Central engineering
Rear engineering
2 x nacelles

Shields: 3,915,000

Hull strength: 63,200 per section

Deepcrush: Dominion battleship

Speed: 182,400 m per turn

Weapons:
2 x Heavy duty Pulse polaron cannon, forward mounted. Damage: 900,000
38 x Phased polaron beam emitters, uh, just treat this like it has all-round coverage untill you damage one of the sections, ie; there are six emitters per side (left/right top/bottom front/back). Damage: 705,000
9 x Mark 2 photon torpedo tube, 5 foreward, 4 rearward.

weapons range and accuracy: 1,410

Sections:
Forward hull
Port/Starboard "wings"
Port/Starboard hull
Centre hull
Rear hull
Port/Starboard nacelles

Shields: 4,644,000

Hull strength: 217,500 per section
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew, that was painfull to work out. :lol:

Anyway, deployment:
You're all basically in a big triangle, 350,000 metres awat from one another. So you're just barely out of phaser/disruptor range.

Anyway, PM me with your orders when you're ready, and we'll get started.
Good hunting!
Last edited by Sionnach Glic on Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

A big free for all huh! Nice!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, should be fun. :)

Forgot to mention; Judge's ship has the highest maneuverability value, so he gets a +2 to conn moves.

Awating Conn orders from Judge and Deep, Granite's are in.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mine are in! Been in!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

D'oh!
Correction: still waiting for Judge and Granite. Deep's are in.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Mine are now in.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Um, no they aren't. I have Granite's and Deep's, but not your's.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Now mine are in.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, the results of the first Conn action are in:

Deepcrush guns the engines of his ship, and closes to 167,600 metres of JudgeKing's Prometheus, well within weapons range.
JudgeKing sets his sight on Granite's D'tai, and manages to close to within 150,000 m of the ship. However, Granite turns on the cloaking device of his ship. As I haven't made rules for them yet, here they are:

Requires a 7 on 2D6 to activate. Cannot shoot while cloaked, or on the turn when the device is activated. Cannot be shot at while cloaked, except on the turn the device is activated, ship's shooting at a cloaking ship get a -2 penalty to hit it.

Granite rolls an 8, and just barely gets it working.

-----------------------------------------------------

Wow, everyone just sorta went for each other there. I would have thought Granite and Judge might have teamed up against Deep's larger vessel, but I guess there are going to be no alliances, and no quarter given, in this battle. :)
Weapons orders, gentlemen, this is where it gets interesting..
Remember; you can shoot at more than one target with seperate weapons (eg, you can shoot at A with your port weapons, and B with your forward weapons). Please specify what your shooting at on your oponents ship with your phasers/disruptors, and what spread you're using with torps (tight, standard, wide).
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

My next one's in.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Got it.
I have a feeling that there's going to be a lot of damage done on all sides in this round...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Glory to the Founders! :twisted:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, I now have Deep's and Judge's. Seeing as how Granite can't do anything for this tac round, I think I'll just go ahead and post the results of the shooting. And it's now that I really apreciate just how much work Sunny had to do. My poor brains....

JudgeKing:
Okay, due to the initial maneuvering, Deep is now on the line that seperates the 'front' weapon's arc from the 'port' weapons arc. Rolling a dice to randomly see which one Deep's in, it turns out he's in the forward arc, allowing the torps to hit him. So;
Phasers: as Judge didn't specify a specific target, any hits are going to be on the forward hull. The phasers on the forward saucer and forward engineering are able to target Deep, for a total of 4 shots. There's a -1 penalty due to the range, so:
1st shot: Miss (barely)
2nd shot: Hit
3rd shot: Hit
4th shot: Hit

Total damage: 540,000 (ouch, Deep's forward shields now down to 234,000)

Torps: One Quntum torp pulse launcher, for eight torps. Note that if you don't specify a spread, I'll assume it's 'standard', which means the torps will be spread around the ship and will hit different areas.
So;
1st shot: hit on forward hull
2nd shot: miss
3rd shot: hit on forward hull
4th shot: hit on central hull
5th shot: miss
6th shot: miss
7th shot: miss
8th shot: hit (barely) on forward hull (my dice don't seem to like that part of your ship, Deep.)

Total damage: 480,000.

Damage report: Okay, those torps shredded what was left of Deep's forward shield. Though they did manage to take a whole two quantums before going down (technicaly 1.95, but lets not get into that much detail!).
So, the first two torps to hit expended themselves on the shields, with the second two hitting the central hull and the forward hull.
Both sections took a massive hit, with only 97,000 remaining. So, what got damaged? Remember that damage will only take effect in the next turn, as this combat is taking place simultaneously.

Well, the forward hull has the Heavy duty Pulse polaron cannons knocked out (but not destroyed, so they may still be repaired later), and two of the normal cannons completely wrecked (no hope of repair).
Central hull: well, I'm assuming the bridge is there along with the main computer, like Fed ships. Deep'll be happy to hear that the bridge survived, but will be unhappy to hear the main computer is now a steaming pile of slag, along with it's operators. -1 to all orders due to the damage.

Total remaining shield strength: 3,870,000

Deepcrush:
Deep fires his forward guns (before their all destroyed!) at Judge, and his port weapons at Granite's cloaking D'tai. I'll figure out Granite's first:

Polaron weapons: Six able to hit the D'tai. Range is 167,600, so there's a -1 penalty.
1st shot: hit
2nd shot: spectacular miss
3rd shot: miss, barely
4th shot: hit
5th shot: miss, again
6th shot: another miss (Do my dice just not like you? Or do they just like Granite?)
So, two hits.
Damage: 1,410,000 ( :shock: )

Granite's starboard shields are only able to take up to 360,000 in damage, so this is really going to hurt.
As there was no target specified, I'll assume any hits are on things on the starboard side. Randomly generated, this turned out to be one hit on the Neck section, and one on the Starboard wing.

The first hit, on the neck, is the one that knocked the shield down, and so is knocked down to 345,000 in damage. Each section of the D'tai is only able to take up to 91,900 in damage, so the whole neck is blown off!
The bridge and the forward weapons pod (containing the forward torps) goes tumbling off into space, but the transporter crews manage to beam an annoyed Captain Granite into the backup bridge.

The Second hit is just as devastating, completely blowing off the Starboard wing. Losing, by extension, the starboard nacelle, on of the Mark 16 pulse disrupter cannons, and one of the forward mounted Mark 12 disrupter cannons.

Ouch.
Total shields remaining: 1,800,000

So, will JudgeKing fare any better? Let's find out...again with a -1 'to hit' modifier due to distance.

Deep starts the shooting by firing his forward Heavy duty Pulse polaron cannons.
1st shot: hit (barely)
Randomly generated, the shot hits the forward engineering section.
Total damage: 900,000

Next up are the normal polaron cannons.
1st shot: miss
3rd shot: miss
4th shot: hit (barely) on the forward saucer
5th shot: miss
6th shot: miss

Okay, what the hell is up with my dice?

Total damage: 705,000

And now we get to the torps, Deep set them for tight spread, so they're either all going to hit or miss. With these dice, Deep, that may not have been such a good idea.
Aaaaaaaaaand........it's a spectacular miss with a score of 5 on the dice.
Judge can breathe a sigh of relief....or maybe not, as we're on to what damage Deep did to his ship.

With a grand total of 1,605,000 damage, Deep easily breaches the forward shields (652,500) and hits the hull at Forward engineering and the forward saucer.

Because it smashed through the shields, the Heavy cannon shot is knocked down to 247,500 damage. However, that's still enough to completely shred the forward part of engineering and blow the deflector dish and the forward torp tube to pieces.
Hmm, not too sure how to penalise losing your deflector dish. Hmm, I think I'll just give the Prommie a -2 penalty to Conn orders due to the damage done.

The forward saucer fares just as bad; being completely blown off and losing 2 of the phasers and 10 Forward.

Total remaining shields: 3,262,500
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I knew from the begining that Deep's battleship was going to be a monster once it started shooting, but I don't think anyone expected it to do that much damage.
So, Conn orders people....and maybe a change of tactics? :P