USS DITL

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

USS DITL

Post by Teaos »

A few years back I was in a couple of email based RPG ships. The basic idea is everyone makes a character gets a position on a ships that then goes and does its thing. It was pretty fun while they lasted.

All the ships I was in slowly died due to a couple of reasons. A few bad posters and the annoyingness of having it Email based.

So what do you guys think of starting one up here. We just make a thread in the Writers forum and have at it. We can have a thread for our of character maintenance were people can post a short bio of their character and anyone who wants to join can ask there and they can be given a position on the ship.

We will do it pretty laid back. What ever rank you hold here will transfer over to the ship. Be best if we have a OC Captain. That would make who ever holds the highest rank on the ship the second in command and the rest of us the bridge crew or what ever we want to be ie chief engineer, Doctor ect.

We would have a very basic starting point our ship (Which we need to decide on) goes to explore something and the mission unfolds from there. Or if you want we can have a bit more of an outline.

The simpler and easier we make it the better IMO.

So anyone interested? Thoughts on how to make it better or anything you want in particular?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I call helmsman! I always wanted to try a drift at Warp 9.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sounds good to me. I've just gotten involved in one RPG style game, and I'd be interested in checking out another.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Tactical! Not bothered about security, though. :wink:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm happy with any position, myself.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ok so here it is so far.

Captain: As yet to be named OC.

Second in command: Rochey. I'll also give you security since that is an easy job most of the time.

Science officer: Teaos

Tactical: Thorin

Helm: Blackstar

Any one else is welcome I think this will work best with about 5-8 people.

We also need to vote on a ship. Mine goes to an Akira. Mid sized ship that we can handle and is rather powerful.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sounds good to me.

And I'm happy with any ship, on the condition that it is not a Galaxy class. :D
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Need a diplomat/ section 31 operative?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Federation ambassidor: Granite (You can be section 31 but remember our characters aren't to know that so anything you end up doing has to be stealth)

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'll take security, I've always been good at making it out alive for somereason so I could never be a redshirt. :(

But I get a phaser rifle and maybe some cool looking body armor! :twisted:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ok I'm setting up the thread in Writters forum for people to post there character bios and any ideas and then we'll start in our mission.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I'll join! You just tell me what position you need... I'm easy (but don't let that get around...)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

We need Comunications or what ever that job Harry Kim did. Operations or something like that. We also need a CMO (Doctor) to run the sickbay. You'd have a bunch of naughty nurses to help you. Choose one and post in the writters forums.

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Count me in as well - Chief Engineer if the spot's free.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Oh yeah forgot about that... So you like exploding warp cores do you?

Do your thing in the Writters forum. Once everyone is sorted we'll start.