Quantum Torpedoes?

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

You may be right, Teaos - I'm not that smart. However, my arguments are still as valid if not more so. These charges - whether M/AM or zero-point - are designed to destroy the most advanced materials around; i.e., starship hulls. What do we have, then, which would not only withstand such a detonation, but also channel it in a particular direction as well as melt (NOT vaporize) to a specific temperature and into a particular configuration?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Teaos wrote:I thought QT's used a zero point reaction to make the blast not M/AM.
The DS9 Tech Manual claimed that QT's use a M/AM reaction to trigger a zero-point energy release, in the same way a thermonuclear bomb uses a fission blast to trigger a fusion blast. Given that the tech manuals are non-canon, and that QTs have an observed tendency to disappear before detonation rather than the symmetrical explosions of PTs, it's questionable whether this description is accurate or whether their superiority is due to other factors.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I would imagin since they are a whole new tyoe of torpedo that was ment to fight the Borg that there would have to be a signifigant difference.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.