demo ship combat upgraded Galaxy vs Lakota

Trek Books, Games and General chat
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Alright gotta be a little realistic for the crews. Now that the escape pods are launched and they saw their fellow blow up the remaining shuttlecraft jump to warp. You get one last quantum spread at them as they energize, but you miss the squirley little things.

Are escape pods warp capable?

The Lakota is technically warp capable as you can still go to warp on a single damaged nacell and no navagational deflector as I understand it. But it would be sllooowwww and without the deflector or forward tractor beam you'd take damage from stuff in space as you plow into it at warp speed.

I think escape pods and the captain Yacht are impulse only though. (ALthough quick impulse yes?)
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Defiant class starships don't have much in the way of a sickbay,do they?! oh nutty fudgekins!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Escape pods are thrusters-only, the yacht is impulse capable. Is this a first on DITL - a thread that has lasted from start to finish without going completely off-topic? :shock:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

seafort,you should have a bash,yourself, i don't mind another wingman
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Anyway looking for postgame comments. The whole reason of actually pitting people against each other was that I felt it would be more likely to produce a situation where people might see things they think should change compared to if you were working together and won.

A couple things from myself. Except for Deep getting vicious at the very end both captains showed a whole lotta sportsmanship as they each took thier lumps. I thought the ships were very well matched. It could easily have gone the other way on any number of rolls.

The big tactical question in my mind is that of targeting shots. Obviously it had some big pay offs for deep when torps breached shields, but otherwise it just reduced the total damage output. In hindsight if Rochey had been fireing with less targeting on the torps (especially the high risk miss) he probably would have won. Though of course if that had hit it would have ended things right there, and Rochey couldn't have known how much time he'd have to keep fighting.

Granted in the end the galaxy lost with a fair smattering of shield strength. But Rochey also stopped angling. It would seem that once you lose a section of shield you're kinda forced to always dedicate part of your turn to having your con angle the good parts toward the enemy. Is that a bad thing? Does shield burn though seem to easy?
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Captain Seafort wrote:Escape pods are thrusters-only, the yacht is impulse capable. Is this a first on DITL - a thread that has lasted from start to finish without going completely off-topic? :shock:
I guess we'll see how final comments go. For combat it's pretty well over. It's just down to RP type things like Deep searching through all the floating space wreckage for escape pods or trying to track down Rochey.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i was expecting that people would be in role as the standard universe federation counterparts, but this is fun, its very 'mirror,mirror' lol its good to be bad
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Hey now, i done give him a chance to stand down and he wouldn't take it. I didn't plan on blasting the things. I was going to transport the people into my cargo bays so he couldn't order them to ram me or what not.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

transport them into your cargo bays into tiny teeny cargo crates, and thus snap them like fig branches....moohahahahaha
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Tell you what, we'll call it a draw. :lol:

Yeah...I got beat badly at the end.

Anyway, I think the system works pretty well. I can't really see anything that needs a going over.
And that was great fun! :D
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Rochey wrote:Tell you what, we'll call it a draw. :lol:
You're not giving up that easilly are you Rochey? Tell him to come back so you can bite his legs off! :lol:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:

Nah, I heareby officaly surrender.

Er, I mean; I am hereby strategicaly withdrawing. :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I am hereby taking you and your crew aboard and going to the nearest pleasure planet for 30 day R&R.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

All hail Captain Deepcrush! :lol:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

*whispers to rochey*
Could you tell your crew to help my crew fix up a bit. We're in pretty bad shape.