demo ship combat upgraded Galaxy vs Lakota

Trek Books, Games and General chat
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

demo ship combat upgraded Galaxy vs Lakota

Post by sunnyside »

If you're new see the other "demo ship fight" thread for details. This is still in "Beta" or some such.

Deepcrush will have his Lakota, a vicious and manuverable ship with pulse quantum torpedo launchers (which do 216,000TJ of damage each compared to 80,000TJ)

For a hopefully interesting matchup I'll put Rochey in an Upgraded Galaxy class ship. A big hulking thing with twice the shields and mass of the Lakota and a high power wrap around phaser bank for smacking other ships upside the head with crits.

Combat is simultanius so the people involved should PM me with what they want Conn or tactical to do and then I'll make the rolls and post results. This means one doesn't know what they other will be trying to do in any manuvering phase ahead of time.

If other people want to jump in you could be crew for either of these two if they're cool with that. You'd be conn or tactical and stuff you do would have +1 relative to the NPCs they have flying the ships right now.

Ships are starting out 800,000m apart and each is closing at 100,000m per combat turn (so when tactical first fires they'll be 600,000m apart). Unless one ship or the other wants to slow down or move further or closer to the other as a conn action. This means you're out of each others phaser range (300,000m) but not torpedo range.

Ship stats (from DITL)

Lakota
Phaser output 40,000 TeraWatts over multiple smaller banks (so three 40,000TJ shots a turn)
Torpedo output: Two forward facing and two rear facing pulse quantum torpedo launchers. (so you fire eight quantum torps, at 216,000TJ of damage each, into your forward arc at once, roughly every turn)

Shield capacity 2,362,500 TeraJoules
Each hull section takes 271,000TJ to destroy

conn rolls are at 2d6+4 base (due to higher combat manuverability)

Upgraded Galaxy
Phaser output 70,000TW mostly in one big array (so one 210,000TJ blast a combat turn)
torpedo output. One forward and one rear facing type 3 burst launcher (fires 10 photon torpedos every five seconds so you'll fire ten torps the first two rounds but not on the third. PTs do 80,000TJ each)

Shield capacity 5,103,000 TeraJoules
Each hull section takes 411,000 TJ to destroy (it's a big ship)

conn rolls are at 2d6+2 (due to lower relative combat manuverability)

To refresh a ship is divided into 10 "sections.

Front saucer
starboard saucer (includes starboard Lakota hull extension)
port saucer (includes port Lakota hull extension)
Central saucer (where the bridge and main computer are)
Rear saucer and upper neck
forward engineering (navigational deflaector area and forward neck where photon torp launchers ofter are)
Main Engineering (warp core)
aft engineering hull ( where shuttlebays are and naccells connect)
port Naccell
starboard Naccell

Heres a MSD for the class the lakota was upgraded from to get an idea where things are
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans ... 1b-msd.jpg

And for the galaxy, well you can find that pretty easy with google.
Last edited by sunnyside on Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Lakota makes ready. Raise shields, load QTL's, charge phasers. I'm ready :twisted: Whats the battlefield looking like. (aka distance, facing, blah blah)

On the next one, lets fight a group of Voy, i hate that ship so much.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

hmm... this should be interesting.

I forgot the Lakota had QTL's... 100 e-dollars on teh lakota.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Deepcrush wrote: Whats the battlefield looking like. (aka distance, facing, blah blah)
sunnyside wrote: Ships are starting out 800,000m apart and each is closing at 100,000m per combat turn (so when tactical first fires they'll be 600,000m apart). Unless one ship or the other wants to slow down or move further or closer to the other as a conn action. This means you're out of each others phaser range (300,000m) but not torpedo range.

So you're facing each other at the above range and rate of closing. Assuming shields up and weapons charged. No other stellar stuff. I want to keep things simplish as this is the first person vs person thing I've done.

What you need to do now is PM me what you want your conn to do. Once Roche does the same I'll roll some dice and give the results. Then you PM what you want tactical to do and so on.

Everybody else can heckle the two of you, make bets, or join in as crew, challenge others around here etc. (though if one of you really really lags in posting I may appoint alternate captains where I go with whoever PMs first).
Last edited by sunnyside on Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

OH SORRY JUST SAW THAT LOL. (pulls foot out of mouth) :lol:
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Oh and you can also ask questions. I'm still expecting I forgot some stuff when I tried to remember the rules in the other thread.

Otherwise PM me with a conn action.
you might also want to see if you could recruit Granitehewer as crew as he's interested.

EDIT: Rochey has his conn orders in
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Granitehewer should pick out a ship so he can help me out when i start getting pasted by those type X phasers!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Fear the phasers, Deepcrush, fear them... :twisted:

Does anyone else find it ironic that I get put in command of the ship I comlpain about the most? :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

That just plot fate old fool! :lol:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

That just plot fate old fool! :lol:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hmm, has fate intervened to change my opinion on the Galaxy class?
Nah, I still dislike it! :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Hey it isn't necessarily an efficient use of resources. But it's big. :P

Anyway both captains attempt to speed towards each other.

Rochey got an 11(closing an extra 200,000m) and deep got a 13 (closing an extra 300,000m). Thus when fireing the ships will be considered to be only 100,000m apart this turn

Alright time for tactical.

Ops forgot to post the last bit of the ships stats
Galaxy
Weapon Range and Accuracy : 1,220
Lakota
Weapon Range and Accuracy : 660

What that means is that at this range rochey has no penalties to shoot but deep has a -1 to hit with both quantums and phasers.

Alright looking for tactical orders. What phasers are shooting at or if they're just hitting whatever is easiest. And what spread/targets the torps have.

Also just from comments in the PMs remember these fed ships have just as much torpedo fire into their rear arc as their forward arc, and usually as much phaser.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

My Tac is in.

As to Rochey getting the galaxy, well now i get to die at the hands of a ship i all ready hate! :shock:
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

(comment to self each subshield on UG is 850,500TJ each subshield on L is 393,750 TJ)

Deepcrush fires quantums and phasers all at the engineering hull! rolls for quants are 2d6+3-2(targeting)-1(range) rolls for the phasers are the same but +3 because they're phasors.

His dice are HOT and the phasers all connect and 5 of the 8 quantums do (with those numbers only 3 would be expected and the shields would have held if just barely).

But roll five hits he did so:

VENTRAL shields on the Galaxy fail and a couple quantums plow into the navagational deflector. The forward engineering section only has 61,500TJ more damage it can take before completley being gone(note that with the galaxies wide neck it'd still be held together in that eventuality, at least until it takes some hits to the rear suacer/neck area). Forward torpedos, forward tractor beam, long range sensors, and the navagational deflector are all offline and they aren't coming back up(the forward torpedo launcher being the most significant loss). Also note that taking more hits to the frontal engineering area from that angle could quickly result in weapons blasting their way to the warp core. Total shield strength reduced by 850,500TJ.

However combat is simultanius so Rochey gets his shots.

He goes for a trick shot at the bridge with phasors and just makes it. So panels explode and the ops guy goes flying over the captains chair. The bridge is crited and the central saucer section takes 21,000TJ of damage. (-1 to deeps con and tactical rolls until that gets fixed as he yells commands to the back up crew on the battle bridge)

He also fired a medium spread at the ship so 2d6+3+1(medium). All torpedos hit (had to roll pretty bad to miss). However they are spread out over five of the subshields, so no system damage or shield failure but they take an impressive 800,000TJ out of the Lakotas capacity total shield capacity.

Net shield capacity loss for the Lakota 1,100,000TJ

Note that unless someone has their con action be to move the ships further apart they will cross this turn and will be twisting and turning around each other. Facing and stuff will probably be determined by what deep and rochey have their conn do. But if neither gives orders about that (such as if they just go evasive or somesuch) both ships will get to fire weapons and I'll roll to see where they hit with equal odds for each section.

Looking for con actions.

Note that if you want to do multiple things I'll treat the first thing you list as "primary" and the other as secondary, but remember doing two things instead of focusing on one makes achieving things less likely if it's contested.
Last edited by sunnyside on Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Uh change that up there a little bit, it's the VENTRAL shields that are on the bottom dorsal is the top. I got it backwards in that post.

EDIT: Deeps con order in waiting for Rochey