Why is it USS?

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Nah, having the president on Paris dosen't seem to have effected the military. They still win wars. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

But only with help fomr powerful allies... you think it may be time for them to relocate the President? :P
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:

For gods sake, just don't bring him to Ireland! We've an even worse track record than the French!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I love these French stuff :lol:

Two of the best:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/victories.html

Nicolas Sarkozy has officially raised the French terror alert from "Run" to "Hide". There are only two higher alert levels in France, which are "Surrender" and "Collaborate". The rise was precipitated by a recent fire which destroyed France's white flag factory - effectively crippling their military.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I think the council chambers are in San Francisco... along with Starfleet COmmand. Not 100% sure at the moment...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Q: What's the difference between a car and a French Army rifle?

A: You can find a USED car![/i]
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Rochey wrote:Nah, having the president on Paris dosen't seem to have effected the military. They still win wars. :P
Thats because the American-based Starfleet bails them out =)
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

:lol:

Sadly that French list isn't completely accurate. The French mostly won the Hundred Years War. The English goal was to become King of both England and France (Which he had right to) and the French's goal was to keep their king and kick the English off of French soil. Despite losing for about 100 years due to English internal problems the French hit their objectives and the English did not.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Monroe wrote::lol:

Sadly that French list isn't completely accurate. The French mostly won the Hundred Years War. The English goal was to become King of both England and France (Which he had right to) and the French's goal was to keep their king and kick the English off of French soil. Despite losing for about 100 years due to English internal problems the French hit their objectives and the English did not.
Never mind the Hundred Years War, the French have beaten us Brits a lot more recently than that - at the Virginia Capes and Yorktown.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Hey we are trying to mock the french here stop giving us facts. :lol:
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, c'mon! I mean, it was MY country whom they helped conduct a succesful revolution, but you don't see me bothering with facts... or gratitude...

They do make some damed fine cheese, though...
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, c'mon! I mean, it was MY country whom they helped conduct a succesful revolution, but you don't see me bothering with facts... or gratitude...
Yeah, well, it was my country they failed at helping to conduct a succesful revolution, so I'll mock them however I like! :P
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That's fine with me. I have never supported all of my country's wars (or "police actions") but I'll be damned if I'll ever think it's OK for the French to abandon their support for us. Not only did we bail them out of occupation in two different World Wars (Maginot Line? THAT was a great idea...), but we became embroiled in the worst American military debacle ever because we went to bail them out when they couldn't exercis their own colonial authority in Southeast Asia in 1954...

And refusing to allow our planes to fly over their little country durring the Libya affair is how they say thanks? I said at the time that we should have stopped where we were, forgot about Libya, and bombed France. I could live without the cheese.
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You wouldn't have to live without cheese, we have our own! Home grown baby!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mikey wrote:That's fine with me. I have never supported all of my country's wars (or "police actions") but I'll be damned if I'll ever think it's OK for the French to abandon their support for us. Not only did we bail them out of occupation in two different World Wars (Maginot Line? THAT was a great idea...), but we became embroiled in the worst American military debacle ever because we went to bail them out when they couldn't exercis their own colonial authority in Southeast Asia in 1954...

And refusing to allow our planes to fly over their little country durring the Libya affair is how they say thanks? I said at the time that we should have stopped where we were, forgot about Libya, and bombed France. I could live without the cheese.
I think it was in retaliation for the somewhat unhelpful US response for the Anglo-French attempt to deal with Nasser. Which largely led for the disastrously abrupt withdrawal from Africa.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.