Kobiyashi Maru test - what would you do?

Trek Books, Games and General chat
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Kobiyashi Maru test - what would you do?

Post by stitch626 »

GrahamKennedy wrote:I'd destroy the Kobayashi Maru, thus preventing the civilians being captured and tortured by the Klingons. And because I like to blow stuff up.
Hey thats my plan. :mrgreen:

Honestly, I'd fly in, blow her sky high, and while the Klingons are scratching their heads, bolt out of there.

Or....

Have my crew change our warp signature so that we appear to be a Klingon ship (even a few seconds confusion could help). We drop out of warp as close as possible to the KM (with the shields already down btw) and begin beaming. As soon as it appears that the Klingons have figured it out, we blow up the KM and escape with the few survivors we got.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'd jump in at warp, tag it with a tractor beam, pull a one eighty and split..........that is the mistake, everyone tries to fight. Tow the ship until its evacuated, cut the beam and hit it with a torp and go. The whole snatch and grab would take seconds.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

What happens when you tear your own ship apart trying to do that?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

That might work, but I like my method better.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mr. P.N. Guin
Petty officer third class
Petty officer third class

Post by Mr. P.N. Guin »

I would have one of my officers hit the "~" button to bring down the chat screen, then enable cheats +1, then type godmode so I'm indestructible. Works in all my other um simulations. :roll:
Some days, you just can't git rid of a bomb.
-BATMAN
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Mr. P.N. Guin wrote:I would have one of my officers hit the "~" button to bring down the chat screen, then enable cheats +1, then type godmode so I'm indestructible. Works in all my other um simulations. :roll:
lol, that hilarious.

I love that...
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

"Mr. Sulu, IDDQD on your command please."
"And ammo, sir?"
"IDKFA, at your convenience. Equip the BFG"
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mikey wrote:What happens when you tear your own ship apart trying to do that?

Wouldn't tear apart immedietly.................and I'd only need a few seconds to save the crew. Of course, my "engineer" will likely want to skin me alive after :mrgreen:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

More likely the Klingons capture you and skin you alive as the tractor beam housing and the surrounding parts of your ship are torn out immediately due to the stress they're placed under all of a sudden.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Kinda what I was thinking.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
IntrepidPrincess
Ensign
Ensign

Post by IntrepidPrincess »

How about sending in the ship and the shuttles. After all, you can use all the transporters you can get. Have all but one of the shuttles transport survivers, keeping as far out of the way as poss so they (they mostly meaning the enemy in this passage) are less likely to notice. Have the ship and shuttles give off a false warp sig, except that one shuttle (or maybe that shuttle should too). The one shuttle can act as a distraction, going in first and moving fast. it would probably be best to not shoot much, only what is necessary to get them mad at it, and keep them occupied. Your ship can tow the KM out of the way to buy a little time(or maybe keep it there so they are less likely to notice). If there are any communications with the KM, have them send as many as poss. to your ship with their shuttles (if any are still there and working), and have them dock, then send the shuttles back for more people. you'll probably lose the decoy shuttle. That shuttle pilot should be prepared to transport into space at the last minute in a spacesuit, and get picked up by another shuttle when the mission has been aborted. when the mission is aborted, then destroy the KM. If comm is working, have the remaining survivors get to the escape pods first, then get out of there as fast as you can while having the ship and shuttles towing the escape pods and transporting people aboard as fast as poss. have your ship pick up and bring in as many escape pods as you can before leaving, then tow the rest. If there are escape pods left and the decoy shuttle is still intact, have it transport as many as poss, and drag whatever it can handle until your ship can get them aboard too. You will probably still lose people, but at least you saved a lot. :D

Feel free to add to or subtract from my idea to make it better, or just say it's stupid and won't work. But I would prefer if you explained why, especially if it's because of a Trek tech thing I didn't understand.
"Always Here" by IntrepidPrincess
All around here I see
friendly smiles to comfort me,
strong hands to protect me,
fast feet to run after me,
loving friends and family
to always be here for me.
-Home Sweet Home-
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

As an engineer by trade and nature, I'd route the tractor beam through the main deflector dish, and, well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2v6rXs5J9M

And pull them back to this side. Dunno if the Klingons would try and come across into fed space, but they'd shown great reluctance to do so.
steamrunner
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by steamrunner »

:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
"If? If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle..."
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I'd deploy all of my shuttles and get them to warp into the Klingons at maximum warp. While they are distracted them i'd get the peeps on the maru. I'd also launch of my escape pods after putting explosives in them.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

The problem with that is a ship colliding at warp has less mass overall effect that one at top speed with thusters :wink: