What if...

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

What if...

Post by Nickswitz »

Imagine this, some being from the trek timeline gets beamed back to the Oregon trail time period, on the wagon trails, What do you think would happen with certain species.

I think Borg would die quickly due to servo overload from the heat and dust and everything.
I think a Vulcan would go and drown themselves as soon as they found water so as not to pollute the time line.
I think Klingons would own the people just because they are there.
I think the Romulans would kill most of the travelers as well.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: What if...

Post by stitch626 »

If they could get past the odd looking head, the Ferengi would bleed everyone dry.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well this is an odd thread.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

stitch626 wrote:If they could get past the odd looking head, the Ferengi would bleed everyone dry.
Meh. Just tell everyone they're from France. That always works.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:
stitch626 wrote:If they could get past the odd looking head, the Ferengi would bleed everyone dry.
They got their heads caught in mechanical rice-pickers?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Mikey wrote:
They got their heads caught in mechanical rice-pickers?
ZING! LOL, nice Tsuki!

I'd imagine the Klingons/Romulans would conquer as we said. The Borg would survive, they're clearly pretty durable creatures, and all it takes, in theory, was one to assimilate a few travellers, and in time, the whole world is done. Unless he ran into natives first, who hunted him down and killed him. Though, I'm guessing they'd be in trouble when they'd try to ford the river and their fuggen oxen died!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Wait, how many are we talking about? A hand full or a ship full?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

You decide, any group, any size, and how they would fare. Just to see peoples opinions
The world ended

IntrepidPrincess
Ensign
Ensign

Post by IntrepidPrincess »

Bryan Moore wrote:The Borg would survive, they're clearly pretty durable creatures, and all it takes, in theory, was one to assimilate a few travellers
What about regenerating? There's no technology back then to assimilate to make alcoves. And as we saw in Voyager, borg can only survive so long without regeneration. Or can they make alcoves from rifles? :confused: I mean, we're assuming they don't have their ship right? Nick did say "beamed back", and you can't beam a whole ship...Right?
"Always Here" by IntrepidPrincess
All around here I see
friendly smiles to comfort me,
strong hands to protect me,
fast feet to run after me,
loving friends and family
to always be here for me.
-Home Sweet Home-
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

IntrepidPrincess wrote:
Bryan Moore wrote:The Borg would survive, they're clearly pretty durable creatures, and all it takes, in theory, was one to assimilate a few travellers
What about regenerating? There's no technology back then to assimilate to make alcoves. And as we saw in Voyager, borg can only survive so long without regeneration. Or can they make alcoves from rifles? :confused: I mean, we're assuming they don't have their ship right? Nick did say "beamed back", and you can't beam a whole ship...Right?
Well, the Borg converted a captured freighter in ENT and the E-E in First COntact. I doubt they beamed over all that tech when the shields were down.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Somehow I doubt their any worse (or better at it) then the oil/lumber barons, the coal mine owners or the land barons that screwed folks out of their gold claims. The Ferengi always struck me as Capitalist's set to "foolish".

With the Borg, we don't really know what they do to make their stuff beyond magic nano's. There's squat to assimilate besides iron and steel tools and very, very basic technology. A steam train, telegraph and a printing press are about the most advanced things you'll find here.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I wonder if the Borg would begin resorting to assimilating lesser tech in order to survive. Like if they saw a steam train, would they assimilate it and use its metal for something, or just ignore it. Has there been any precedent for this in any of the Trek series ever?
The world ended

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Nickswitz wrote:I wonder if the Borg would begin resorting to assimilating lesser tech in order to survive. Like if they saw a steam train, would they assimilate it and use its metal for something, or just ignore it. Has there been any precedent for this in any of the Trek series ever?
How do you assimilate a steam train? You could break it down for it's material yeah but you couldn't have the train do anything for you without adding stuff they don't have.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Shush, lol. That's what I meant, break it down and use it for parts, and then assimilate any people on board, but could they outfit it with the nanoprobes to do what they needed it to do?
The world ended

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Nickswitz wrote:Shush, lol. That's what I meant, break it down and use it for parts, and then assimilate any people on board, but could they outfit it with the nanoprobes to do what they needed it to do?
*shrug* Dunno, it's restricted to a track line but I suppose they could zip up and down the line and assimilate random folks at stations.