Windows?

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Windows?

Post by Reliant121 »

I could deal with TV's instead of windows, IF there were wide open space for me to be. Possibly like an atrium or something, with plants and nature in it, so i can feel somewhat connected to nature.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Mikey wrote:Hey, man - whatever butters your biscuit. :)
I just don't want to turn into a Blackstar.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

There was a lot more to Blackstar than simply failing to back down when he was proved wrong six way from Sunday - the sheer stupidity of the actual arguments, and his failure to adapt in any way to other peoples points was as big a problem, if not more so. So long as you put together logical arguments to support your opinions, and adapt them to take account of counter-arguments, you've got nothing to worry about on that front, regardless of how much others might disagree with you.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Also, the lack of ignoring points with which you don't agree or for which you have no counter is a big point in your favor.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Agreed. I don't think Stitch is in any danger of becoming a Blackstar. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

If Blackstar's only fault was that he didn't back down, he'd still be here. You're in no danger of that, Stitch. Just remember to debate logicaly, fairly, and be capable of accepting defeat.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Indeed. And as for Blackstar, I got the impression that it was the bizarre personal attacks and accusations of mod abuse that put things over the edge, and slagging the one guy that stuck up for him.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Agreed. I don't think Stitch is in any danger of becoming a Blackstar. :lol:
Well, thats a relief. But now, after an hour or two trying to split apart wood that was put together too well, I'm to tired. :lol:
We need to replace the stairs on our deck (they're 20 years old), but even though their falling apart in the middle, they're really well connected to the deck.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Pssst... try pulling the nails...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Don't know much about this, but if someone is Claustrophobic, would it make that much difference if he knew that the indistinguishable image in front of him wasn't real?

It seemed to abate Garaks Claustrophobia in Afterimage, but I remember him still being bothered by the fact that he knew the walls were still there.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

If the guy's claustrophobic, what the hell is he doing on a starship in the first place?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Mikey wrote:Pssst... try pulling the nails...
Their screws.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Whose screws?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Personally, a couple times a week.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »