Star Trek: The Animated Series.
No votes

Total votes: 19
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Your favourite series.

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Simple really, what was your favourite series and why.

For me, TOS was by far the best.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

DS9 - it may not have represented the ideals of Trek, but it always seemed far more realistic, particularly after the start of the Dominion War.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I voted for TNG. It's the series that really got me into Trek. ANd BOBW... wow. My all-time two favorite episodes.
Captain Peabody
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Captain Peabody »

Personally, I'm a big fan of the first three series, TOS, TNG, and DS9. TOS is entertainment with a message, and the cheese only adds to the fun.

TNG, on the other hand, is much more mature, but it can be just as fun as its predecessor.

DS9, however, is the series that gets my vote, and that's because, as I think Ronald D. Moore said somewhere, it took Star Trek as far as it could go; it took a decent premise, and made something great out of it. Huzzah.

:)
"Lo, blessed are our ears for they have heard;
Yea, blessed are our eyes for they have seen:
Let the thunder break on man and beast and bird
And the lightning. It is something to have been."

-The Great Minimum, G.K. Chesterton
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

My favorite is Deep Space 9. It was the most realistic, and had plenty of character development along with regularly recuring secendary cast members. I think they should do another area-base series. Not like a copy of DS9's ideas but have a ship exploring the frontier but being based out of a starbase with regular interaction with nearby ships assigned to the sector. Anyway, DS9 was the best. The Voyager comes in second, mostly because it was the one I started with first. It could've used more character development, but it did well.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

ChakatBlackstar wrote:My favorite is Deep Space 9. It was the most realistic, and had plenty of character development along with regularly recuring secendary cast members. I think they should do another area-base series. Not like a copy of DS9's ideas but have a ship exploring the frontier but being based out of a starbase with regular interaction with nearby ships assigned to the sector. Anyway, DS9 was the best. The Voyager comes in second, mostly because it was the one I started with first. It could've used more character development, but it did well.
Sounds vaguel like the Vanguard book series. I like that. :)
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:My favorite is Deep Space 9. It was the most realistic, and had plenty of character development along with regularly recuring secendary cast members. I think they should do another area-base series. Not like a copy of DS9's ideas but have a ship exploring the frontier but being based out of a starbase with regular interaction with nearby ships assigned to the sector. Anyway, DS9 was the best. The Voyager comes in second, mostly because it was the one I started with first. It could've used more character development, but it did well.
Really? Thats the one taking place in TOS right? Maybe I should look into it.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I voted Voyager since it was what pulled me into trek. I find TOS boring and even though for the time the acting and FX was good now it makes it unwatchable. DS9 is a close second but I don't like Sisko as a character and the Religious undertones.

TNG was good and at moment great but over all not as enjoyable as others. Maybe becaue it didnt have a series long theme.

And thats all 4 of the Trek series :D
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

TOS. I'm old enough to remember when it was the only Star Trek on TV and I grew up watching it with my Dad every day at 1600. Everything that followed was just a pretender to the throne and no other Captain had the sheer aura of Kirk.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Really? Thats the one taking place in TOS right? Maybe I should look into it.
Correct. It's not too bad, actually.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

I voted Next Generation. I think the development of most characters was incredible, as was the sense of family. I may be sentimental, as DS9 has the similar argument. However, there were many episodes of DS9 I simply didn't care what happened (mainly with Jadzia, as I explained in another episode) to the characters.

DS9 had higher high points than TNG, I would say, save Best of Both Worlds and Inner Light. However, I think as a consistantly good show week to week, TNG takes it. DS9's first 3 seasons had some droning episodes that were just plain bland.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Bryan Moore wrote:I voted Next Generation. I think the development of most characters was incredible, as was the sense of family. I may be sentimental, as DS9 has the similar argument. However, there were many episodes of DS9 I simply didn't care what happened (mainly with Jadzia, as I explained in another episode) to the characters.

DS9 had higher high points than TNG, I would say, save Best of Both Worlds and Inner Light. However, I think as a consistantly good show week to week, TNG takes it. DS9's first 3 seasons had some droning episodes that were just plain bland.
Well, to play Unicron's advocate, TNG had some bad ones in its first two seasons.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

I'm going to say DS9.

Following would be:

TOS/TAA (I count them as one)
TNG
ENT
VOY
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

TNG for me. It's what got me into it, even they were repeats. I never really watched DS9, so I can't even comment on that. Voyager I do like but it's just gone too far fetched, even for Trek. TOS is awesome, I never use to like it but I've watched quite a few of them and it has a certain something that the rest don't, even though you can't pinpoint it.

So for me;
1 - TNG
2 - TOS
3 - VOY
4 - DS9
5 - ENT
6 - TAS
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

For me: