New Captain for a Ship

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Praeothmin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New Captain for a Ship

Post by Praeothmin »

Inspired by a comment seen in a Voyager thread:
What if Sean Connery (at the age he had when he made "Rising Sun", with the same type of Character as "Captain Connor" from the same movie) had been made Captain of:
-The TOS Enterprise;
-The E-D;
-DS9;
-Voyager;
-Enterprise;

How would have things been different?
What type of Captain would he have made?
Last edited by Praeothmin on Thu May 07, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The truth always depends on which side of the fence you're standing... ;)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: New Captain for a Ship

Post by Mikey »

He would have been Kirk Lite. Beretta instead of the two-handed hammer punch of death, and perhaps would have made some more sarcastic quips towards his crew, but there it is.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

I reckon he would have been a spy for Section 31...
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Praeothmin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Praeothmin »

Let's start...

Character analysis:
Captain Connor, acting as Sempai to all the crew, would dole out advice filled with wisdom, but would be just as prompt with "intensive negociations" as Kirk was.
He would build himself a solid reputation as a wise man, but one you do not wish to cross.
Physically capable, burly and strong, is fully capable of beating up expert fighters half his age.

Series analysis:
-TOS: Although he would heed Spock's and McKoy's advice more then Kirk did, he would still be considered as a maverick who sometimes bends the rules to suit him, and the Federation's enemies would still consider him an honorable adversary...
Not much change for the Federation per say, except that now we'd have a true scottish accent on the ship... :P

-TNG: While being a shrewd negociator, he would be more willing to solve issues with action then Picard was, making him and Riker more action oriented, so the E-D might get into more fights.
Very clever also, he might have, at some times, brought solutions that the current, "dumb" Federation, would not have thought off, like no Kids on the ship, no Weasly on the ship, actual efficient combat training for the security personnel, ergonomic weapons, etc...

-DS9: Pretty much like Sisko, if perhaps only a little wiser...

-Voyager: Voyager would have fared far, far better, because its Captain wouldn't be an idiot who places security risks in key positions, is actually able to "read" people accurately, and, well, has more cunning and wisdom then a brick... :mrgreen:

-Enterprise: don't know enough about the show to give an accurate analysis, so I'll leave that to people who are more familiar with it...
The truth always depends on which side of the fence you're standing... ;)
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

All I know is he'd hit Uhura if she didn't listen... :lol:
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?