PBF Trek RPG

Trek Books, Games and General chat
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

PBF Trek RPG

Post by sunnyside »

I'm interested in participating in a PBF Trek RPG that is less sim and more tabletopish. Since a homebrew that does that may well use daystrom stats I figured I'd have better luck asking about that here than in the simm boards I'd started asking around in.

So if you know of anything like that please point me to it.

If you haven't I'm thinking of starting one up, let me know if you'd be interested. Actually I first wanted to just start one, based off of other PBF RPGs I've run. But figured for Trek there should be someone out there doing it already. Could be that I'm wrong and nobody does. It's kinda looking that way.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I don't know of any myself, unfortunately.

I may, however, be interested if you are thinking of starting one. Have you any details worked out?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Some
http://www.neoaxial.com/cgi-bin/yabb2// ... 1188257415
(note you don't have to read all that if you don't feel like it. I'd rather get opinions than people evading the thread).

Hoping to keep it simple so as to focus more on RP than wargaming or "roll" playing.

Still there are a number of fundamental issues such as:

Handling a larger number of people in a PBF that isn't totally freeform (I have only done smaller groups so far with other games, often just one person).

Having people work together well when rank and specific stations are involved.

And I'm sure other stuff will come up. Hence why I'm interested to see/participate in a different group. There just don't seem to be any. So I'm up for experimenting on my own.