Agony booth does Insurrection.

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Agony booth does Insurrection.

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Agony Booth has posted a review of Insurrection.

Just to let you know. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Well argued and funny review.

Truthfully, it is probably my least favorite next to Star Trek V. I never found it bad but it reminded me of an inflated TNG episode with a rehashed plot. Even seeing it the first time, I left unexcited. Disappointing.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Personally I rate Nemeis as lowest, simply for the idiotic plot. With Insurrection as second lowest.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Nemesis was easily the worst, rival Khan my ass. But Insurrection was pretty insulting too, like Rochey I rate it as second worst. In fact I rate all of the TNG movies as lower then ST:V.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wait, someone said Nemesis would rival Wrath of Khan? :lol:
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:Wait, someone said Nemesis would rival Wrath of Khan? :lol:
Berman said Shinzon would rival Khan as a villan.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The big problem with Nemesis was the same as Die Another Day - the plot was a cut-and-paste of previous films without much attempt to make it stand on its own two feet. Plus the extremely irritating fact of the Romulans finally getting a film...and it's all about a human and a bunch of orcs! :evil:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Huh I liked Nemesis. I'd rate it as my second favourite behind First contact.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Sorry I just read this review and it's the funniest thing I've ever read

"Good plan, slaphead"

I'm wetting myself just writing this.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I don't think that Insurrection was that bad. I loved the fight scenes(the only thing that always gets better in the series) and the crew's new ball-punching attitude. If the kept that up in Nemesis, rather then reverting to the usual roles we see them in, the movie would've been better. Well at least the fights are still good.