New Trek Animated Series

Trek Books, Games and General chat
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: New Trek Animated Series

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Mikey wrote:Yech. After the nightmare that was The Clone Wars, I don't want to see any animated adaptations of anything for a long while.
What exactly was bad about both Clone Wars series? They were tons better than the kriffing movies.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I enjoyed the cartoon version; haven't really seen the CGI one.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

I hope if they do this, they stay as faithful to the messages of Trek as possible and not make it an animated mess like Clone Wars.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:
Mikey wrote:Yech. After the nightmare that was The Clone Wars, I don't want to see any animated adaptations of anything for a long while.
What exactly was bad about both Clone Wars series? They were tons better than the kriffing movies.
Bad about them? The characterizations were non-existent.

No, wait, I'm sorry - there was some characterization. It was just either poorly done, or developed annoying characters into really annoying ones.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Pfft. Who need characterisation?

Seriously, I defy you to watch this and tell me it's not the most insanely awesome thing ever. :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Um... yeah, okay. Not my taste I'm afraid.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Now that's bad-ass. I never really had the opportunity to watch much of the animated series (as opposed to the CGI one.)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I think that's the most impressive sustained demonstration of what the Jedi are capable of in Star Wars. Notwithstanding Anakin surviving several thousand G unscathed in AotC.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I was always a bit skeptical of the Anikan calc, personaly. We never see that it's actualy a straight drop. For all we know he could have just dropped onto a ledge just below the camera's POV.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Nope - it was straight over the side in the middle of the "street", and we got a good shot of him plummeting until he hit the other car.

Important bit starts at 6:57
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Even though I love that Windu scene from CW, if he was that powerful, Palps would've lasted about half a second in ROTS.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Even though I love that Windu scene from CW, if he was that powerful, Palps would've lasted about half a second in ROTS.
Why? Palpatine was the most powerful Sith Lord in a millennia - it's hardly surprising that he'd be able to go toe-to-toe with Windu, no matter how powerful he was, and give him a run for his money.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Captain Seafort wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Even though I love that Windu scene from CW, if he was that powerful, Palps would've lasted about half a second in ROTS.
Why? Palpatine was the most powerful Sith Lord in a millennia - it's hardly surprising that he'd be able to go toe-to-toe with Windu, no matter how powerful he was, and give him a run for his money.
Because... that's how I see it. *Shrug* I see Mace there and the other Jedi taking a small page from DBZ in the old CW series.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:
Because... that's how I see it. *Shrug* I see Mace there and the other Jedi taking a small page from DBZ in the old CW series.
More like Samurai Jack.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Mikey wrote:
SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:
Bad about them? The characterizations were non-existent.

No, wait, I'm sorry - there was some characterization. It was just either poorly done, or developed annoying characters into really annoying ones.
Anakin, in both series, was a VAST improvement over the whiney emo-kid we got in the Prequels. Padme was bearable in both series.

Did you just watch the first episodes of 'The Clone Wars' and gave it up?