Star Trek - The Experience, in Las Vegas

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Ensign Deadman
Crewman
Crewman

Star Trek - The Experience, in Las Vegas

Post by Ensign Deadman »

Hey Guys,

Any of you been to 'Star Trek - The Experience' at the Las Vegas Hilton? Me and the wife went there in June and loved every minute of it. Even got a few obligatory pictures of me posing with a Klingon and a Borg :)

Be interested to know if anyone else here has been to it and what you thought.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I'm going next week! I can't wait.
Ensign Deadman
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Ensign Deadman »

I'm jealous of you, you'll have a great time :)

If you have the means, I suggest you buy the 'Admiral's Package' which is the top/most expensive entrance package you can buy BUT worth every single penny...the behind the scenes tour being the highlight.

Look out for the Klingon, Borg (strangely without a subvocal processor), Ferengi, Vulcan or Andorrian wandering around and don't forget to take your cameras :)
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Have a great time! And tell us all about it when you get back! :D
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

I've ordered from their catalogue, but that's the limit of it. Honestly disappointed with the quality of their clothes. If I'm gonna dress like a Trekkie, I at least want them to fit right =(
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

I've been, its ok, but only for the sake of it. A right ripoff really.

The Borg thing is awesome though, I'll tell you that, they did a great job putting the fear of being confronted by the borg into that.

Otherwise, don't expect more than a simulator ride and a stiff one liner that'll make you laugh.

Its AMAZING to see all the relics and things they've collected on the way though.
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
cromdubh
Crewman
Crewman

Post by cromdubh »

I went last year, and it was the most amazing thing! The most fun I had was wandering around the Promenade, and then my wife and I getting drunk in Quarks! We ordered a Warp Core Breach, and for $10 had a serious amount of alcohol in it! they even put in a dry ice machine! I also got a picture of me squaring off against a Klingon. He had a D'kh'tak, and I with a butter knife!
There are three kinds of people in this world.

Those who can count, and those who can't. -A. Einstein
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

I've been three times. If you can, do the borg one, THEN the Klingon Encounter. The Klingon Encounter is about million times better, so if you do it first, the borg encounter will be a giant letdown.

Last time I was there, I got a shirt that said 'I Feel the Need for Warp Speed'. Everyone who's ever ridden in my car seems to think it is wholly appropriate.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Also, do the behind the scene tour after the ride, otherwise it'll lose some of it's effect on you. Although I loved how simple some of their tricks were, but that they were still effective.

When I went, I got a shirt of the Defiant project(the project's logo on the front and the name, motto, and registry number on the back.) and a shirt with a side view of a Galaxy-class ship and under it, it said Sweet Ride. I also got a NX-01 hat and a 'talking' tribble.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It talked? What did it say?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Of all the things on hear...i would go purely to get the Talking tribble :P
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:It talked? What did it say?
I don't know. I don't speak tribble.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Rochey wrote:It talked? What did it say?
"Squeak, squeak", maybe? :wink:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Well, they go off fairly easy. Like just bumping the shelf or surface they're on, Or when a dog barks, or when there's a really loud arguement.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I don't know. I don't speak tribble.
"Squeak, squeak", maybe?
Uh, yeah. Stupid question. :oops: