Questions you want answered

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Questions you want answered

Post by Bryan Moore »

If you could ask the creators of any of the Trek series one question to help your understanding, what would it be?

I've got a list, but based on my recent frustration, I'd ask one of them how long ship hulls/spaceframes can last.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Questions you want answered

Post by Teaos »

Why did they choose to make Janeway such a know it all and a bitch.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mithrandir
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mithrandir »

I would ask Mr. Berman why he abandoned his real job as a producer and started writing everything himself instead. I mean, the man did a great job while trying to recruit new, creative people to the franchise (along with Michael Piller!).
Image AEIOU: Austria erit in orbe ultima! Image
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Teaos wrote:Why did they choose to make Janeway such an incompetent know it all and a bitch.
Fixed.

Another question, to the DS9 staff, would be why they didn't give the Feds some heavy weapons at AR-558.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd ask GR why the fuck he thought leaving Berman and Braga in charge was a good idea.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

GR didnt have anything to do with Braga I dont think.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, then I ask whoever was responsible.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Roddenberry certainly appointed Berman as his successor though, and Berman appointed Braga.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ah, so GR was responsible.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Hardly. Back when GR handed over control Berman wasnt that bad at all and Braga was only just getting his feet wet in trek I think.

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Teaos wrote:Hardly. Back when GR handed over control Berman wasnt that bad at all and Braga was only just getting his feet wet in trek I think.
The fact remains that GR appointed Berman as his successor. Whether that was due to exceedingly poor judgement, or a reasonable decision on the basis of the available facts is irrelevent.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Berman could be considered his fault but not Braga.

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

However, Berman appointed Braga. This links back to GR as he should have appointed a successor with good judgement regarding such appointments.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ah but the only reason GR needed to hand over control of trek was because it was going to keep going after he died. The reason for this was because people (like you) kept watching the show. If people didnt watch it, it wouldnt keep going.

So really Seafort, Berman and Braga are all your fault since you watched trek... you arsehole.

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

:lol: So really it is our forefathers faults for bearing children.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.