Star Wars
50%

Total votes: 2
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Star Trek vs Star Wars

Post by Monroe »

Okay we all knew this topic was coming one day.
Which do you think would win and why?
Star Wars- Height of the Empire (Right after a New Hope. So no Death Star but able to build more)
Star Trek- Right before the Dominion War.

No supreme beings on the Trek side allowed (Since they would win easily and there wouldn't be a question of who would win :P)

I vote for Star Wars. Nothing against the Trek universe but they are in a not-so-developed period of time. If Star Trek had Galaxy size Empires then I would say they would probably win but they are more primitive culturally.

Trek's hugest disadvantage is their speed. Star Wars can move from one side of the galaxy (which is 4x the size of the Milky Way) to the other in about 2 weeks. Star Trek would take 280 years if my math is right, which it usually isn't. Star Wars also have massive super weapons and a better manufacturing rate and population to select from.

Star Wars weapons are more powerful than phasers (debatable) and there are many many more on a ship. An Imperial Star Destroyer carries something like six massive turbolasers for planetary bombardment and 60 turbolasers each one powerful enough to vaporize a huge chunk of asteroid. And despite what ditl says they aren't lasers they're super heated plasma :P
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Read the posting rules - threads like this are not allowed.

Thread locked. Please don't start another.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...