How much more powerful are Quantam Torpedoes?

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: How much more powerful are Quantam Torpedoes?

Post by Mikey »

mwhittington wrote:According to Star Trek Encyclopedia, which I know isn't canon but still gives a decent explanation, quantum torpedoes use artificially constructed quantum filaments, a.k.a. cosmic string filaments, as its warhead, like the one the E-D smashed into in Disaster. They are usually no thicker than a proton, but are composed of almost infititely dense matter, and have strong gravitational fields as a result.

That's got an awful lot of holes. QT's have been shown to have detonation effects - how does a string ignite/detonate? And M/AM reactions are old hat to most galactic powers, while we've never seen anything about artificial manipulation of string fragments; in fact, in "Disaster," Nobody seemed to show any true familiarity the damn thing.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: How much more powerful are Quantam Torpedoes?

Post by Teaos »

That makes it sound like the size of the damage would be the same size as a proton torpedo but it would be a lot more powerful.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.