Star Trek Starship Wallpapers

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed, not even I could argue against that. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

There exists something you couldn't argue against? :wink:

Congrats, Rochey.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I know, shocking. :)
Thanks.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

That's the second time I've seen Rochey turn down an arguement.

:shock:

Arm... Going... Numb...
Heart... Hurting...
Stevexoc
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Stevexoc »

I know they're not ST wallpapers, but Greg Martin (of www.artofgregmartin.com) has some really cool space themed wallpapers that he does mainly in photoshop if I'm not mistaken. He also has a self-published article on how to put together convincing space art.
I know Hamlet, and what he said with irony I say with conviction. "What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty. In form, in moving, how express and admirable. In action, how like an angel. In apprehension, how like a god!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They're rather good.

Welcome to the forum, BTW. :)
Minnsky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Minnsky »

how did you do the phaser and explosion effects? I've been trying to figure out good looking ones for ages with no avail. closest i got was this one,
[IMG width="100"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/ ... e/Gone.jpg[/IMG]

your images look great, were are you getting your meshes? I got mine from the late StarTrek Australia, i have a few i made myself but they don't have good textures as of yet.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

I do all of the effects by hand in photoshop...makes it a little tough to work out lighting, but i havent figured out a good way to work it into the modeling.

For example, the disruptors and phasers in trek have a certain 'texture' like so:

in order to create a similar effect, i drew a white line, gave it a small blur to dull the hard edges. Then i gave it a Ripple filter to create an irregular border. Then all i did was a motion blur along the length of the beam which stretched out the irregularities into various areas of more or less density. then i added via layer styles an outer and inner glow to ad the green aura.

The explosion took more time, just different colors here and there and lots of use with the smudge tool :P

I can't remember where i got the warbird model, but it wasnt complete when i got it... i had to texture, light, and bump map it. The galors are just still images, i couldnt find a photo realistic model anywhere.
Minnsky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Minnsky »

fantastic, i don't know why i cound't figure that one out. lol
what program do you use for your modeling? i use Max for my renders and for my own models i use Wings for all but the texturing.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

I use AutoCAD to make my schematics, then Lightwave to model, and Photoshop for my bump maps and some textures.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Made another pretty picture... The USS Relativity coming out of some sort of temporal displacement into the 21st century. I have bigger if anyone wants it.

Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

yes! pweeese
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

well, ill have to email it to you... photobucket only allows a 1mb upload :(

if anyone else wants it bigger ( i have up to 1900x1425), give me your email, or go to my deviantART and download it, which would be HERE
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Very nice. :)