3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

"the similarities are...striking."
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Breen eat through a straw. How the do the other stuff mentioned, ditto but with a bit more trouble, young Breen learn early not to mix up their straws.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

What ever they eat would be rock hard due to the cold. Must have rather good teeth.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Maybe they extrude their digestive organs, or release digestive enzymes to begin work on their food before taking it in - like starfish or something.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Thats a pleasent mental image right before lunch. Thank you :P

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

:lol:

Weak stomach, Teaos? Good thing you don't have to extrude it to eat.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Not a bad idea, Mikey. Though unless the helmets are rather roomy inside, they'd probably still need to take them off to get the food to their digestive organs.
I think the best bet is that they get their nutrients through some sort of liquid, which can easily be sucked up via a straw-like mechanism at cold temperatures.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah but their arent many things that are liquid that cold. Unless they drink methane based liquids.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

How cold do they keep their suits? Was it mentioned?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I dont think we ever got a number but to cold for a human to live in. Not just uncomfortably cold but to cold to live.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That's not really that helpful. If a human's core body temperature drops by even a few degrees then it's in trouble. I'm guessing sub-zero temperatures here. Hmm, perhaps Breen are furred, to halp them keep warm?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:That's not really that helpful. If a human's core body temperature drops by even a few degrees then it's in trouble. I'm guessing sub-zero temperatures here. Hmm, perhaps Breen are furred, to halp them keep warm?
A properly clothed human can survive in tempature in excess of -40 Celsius. In order for one to live without that they'd need a massive layer of fat ala a seal or polar bear. Which means that a Breen would be a lot larger than what we saw, they were pretty lean.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The lack of fat may be due to technology. They presumably have air-conditioning, so they'd be able to set the temperature at whatever they want, thus there would be no need for any large layers of fat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:The lack of fat may be due to technology. They presumably have air-conditioning, so they'd be able to set the temperature at whatever they want, thus there would be no need for any large layers of fat.
Perhaps but if they evolved the fat layer to survive on a frozen world than that would not be easily shed after they have the super-suits. It won't just disappear instantly, it would evolve out. Which would take thousands of years unless their using some genetic engineering.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Not really. I could just take a change in diet and eating paterns. If you dont eat enough to form a fat layer you wont get one.