The nicest aliens?

Trek Books, Games and General chat
CaptainQuantum
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

The nicest aliens?

Post by CaptainQuantum »

Question: which alien species is the most friendly in the Trek universe as far as the Federation is concerned?

The Federation obviously meets a lot of openly hostile species, for dramatic purposes. But even the aliens who aren't hostile are usually later revealed to be trying to take over the ship by stealth or cunning, or wanting us to fight their war, or just trying to generally jerk us around.

The Vulcans claim to like us but seem to spend a fair amount of their time looking down at us and in Enterprise, they were most definitely on the take.

The Denobulans seem very friendly indeed, although the fact that so few of them joined Starfleet after Dr Phlox suggests they could all just be too busy partying with their multiple wives to help us out too much.

The Tellarites and Andorians are friendly enough but we could do without the attitude, thank you much.

The Betazoids are pretty nice but the whole empath thing freaks me out somewhat. Plus they're pissed at us now after the Fall of Betazed.

Frankly I thought we had something going with the Bajorans - after all, one of our guys is their Messiah - but they seem to have a problem with commitment.

Anyone?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

The Wormhole aliens have done the Feds the biggest favor by destroying that Dominion fleet.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

yeah, the ''prophets'' sure as hell did us a blinding favour, although in terms of long term contribution to humanity and the federation, i think ourselves, as we've managed to avoid the usual civil wars,intercine conflict and general self implosion, that've made us such a nuisance to ourselves in the past
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Telaxians are nice too. The few times you meet them besides Nelix they seem pretty nice. Even the 'bad guy' ends up being relatively polite :P
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Bolians seem rather cheerful as well.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah they are rather nice.

Well if you replace the word rather with the word incredibly, and the word nice with the word annoying.
Last edited by Teaos on Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i couldn't stand talaxians, the only good space-hobbit,ahem talaxian is one traumatised by the cascade
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

The wormhole aliens did help us out alot.
A fair few Bajorans were quite friendly.
The Talaxians were just.....way too friendly...overly so...annoyingly so.
The Bolians were kinda friendly, but so annoying!
The Denobulans seemed the most friendly while not stupid to me
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

The wormhole aliens helped us out INCIDENTALLY by way of helping the Bajorans - NOT because they wanted to help the UFP specifically.

That "Traveler" guy was a little cryptic, but had truly "good" motives... plus, he took Wesley off our hands!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Some of the one-episode aliens were rather nice.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Re: The nicest aliens?

Post by Duskofdead »

CaptainQuantum wrote:Question: which alien species is the most friendly in the Trek universe as far as the Federation is concerned?

The Federation obviously meets a lot of openly hostile species, for dramatic purposes. But even the aliens who aren't hostile are usually later revealed to be trying to take over the ship by stealth or cunning, or wanting us to fight their war, or just trying to generally jerk us around.

The Vulcans claim to like us but seem to spend a fair amount of their time looking down at us and in Enterprise, they were most definitely on the take.

The Denobulans seem very friendly indeed, although the fact that so few of them joined Starfleet after Dr Phlox suggests they could all just be too busy partying with their multiple wives to help us out too much.

The Tellarites and Andorians are friendly enough but we could do without the attitude, thank you much.

The Betazoids are pretty nice but the whole empath thing freaks me out somewhat. Plus they're pissed at us now after the Fall of Betazed.

Frankly I thought we had something going with the Bajorans - after all, one of our guys is their Messiah - but they seem to have a problem with commitment.

Anyone?
When it comes to the wormhole aliens I don't think "nice" had much to do with it. It was pretty clear that they had some sort of plan already laid in place (what it is, or what they got out of it, is still unknown really) which depended upon the cooperation of "the Sisko." Only when Sisko made it clear he would kill himself before allowing the Dominion to win the war did they intervene; and even then, they made him pay for it.

Not very nice, kinda more like highway robbery.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: The nicest aliens?

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Duskofdead wrote:When it comes to the wormhole aliens I don't think "nice" had much to do with it. It was pretty clear that they had some sort of plan already laid in place (what it is, or what they got out of it, is still unknown really) which depended upon the cooperation of "the Sisko." Only when Sisko made it clear he would kill himself before allowing the Dominion to win the war did they intervene; and even then, they made him pay for it.

Not very nice, kinda more like highway robbery.
At least they didn't pass around the collection plate... :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Wow, I'm surprised no one said Risans. Come on, they've got to be the nicest around. Risa is a "pleasure planet", after all. :wink:
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

The Rubicuns were pretty nice, as long as you didn't walk on the grass.
CaptainQuantum
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by CaptainQuantum »

The Wormhole aliens did do us just about the biggest favour of any alien; on the other hand there's still the little matter of impersonating a human woman in order to get it on with Grandpa Sisko.

The Talaxians are nice. I imagine if they got angry they'd be hard to take seriously. It'd just be cute. I just hope they are not all as cheerful as Neelix.

I don't really know what's up with the Bolians. They seem like an inoffensive source of plumbing jokes and they can cut hair, but what have they actually done?

I keep coming back to the Denobulans. That smile and the famous Denobulan nightlife.

I don't know about the Risans. You are paying for them to be nice to you. Also we all know what service industry staff are like as soon as the customers aren't there.