Are Borg Dead?

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Teaos wrote:
*shudder* Perhaps the Borg should assimilate a culture that's discovered dildos then.
So I presume I was the only one who found the queen kinda sexy?
Alice Krige, in my opinion, is an incredibly underrated actress. I have happened to catch her here and there in random movies, usually the sort that are made for TV or fly under the radar, and I'm always impressed. I know in the theater world she gets more credit.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

She has the ability to be sexy. But sure as hell not as the Borg Queen.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I think Teaos just wants to get beaten up a little... not that there's anything wrong with that.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Rochey wrote:She has the ability to be sexy. But sure as hell not as the Borg Queen.
As a side note, I read in an interview with her regarding First Contact that the initial Borg Queen costume was so painful to wear she wound up flat on her back for a day nursing sores and bruises. I think when she actually was fighting back tears trying to wear it they finally looked into customizing it to be more comfortable.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Geez, could they not at least make it comfortable? I can understand having to wear tight clothes, but not to the point of injury.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Sentience: Would the hive mind on whole be sentient? I'd say so. Individual borg may not be, but since they technically feed off of the collective mind, in some ways, they must be.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd say the Collective would be sentient. The Queen, at least, was.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I would say "yes" because the Queen/hive mind is, and encountering a drone that is dissociated from that mind only happens in rare circumstances.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Duskofdead wrote:
Teaos wrote:
*shudder* Perhaps the Borg should assimilate a culture that's discovered dildos then.
So I presume I was the only one who found the queen kinda sexy?
Alice Krige, in my opinion, is an incredibly underrated actress. I have happened to catch her here and there in random movies, usually the sort that are made for TV or fly under the radar, and I'm always impressed. I know in the theater world she gets more credit.
She was in the movie Michael Clayton with George Clooney, and she was excellent in that. She is an understated and underused actress, and she can be hot, too.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I think dressed as the Borg queen with the mechanical legs and cool meglomanic evil villan thing makes her very sexy.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

mwhittington wrote:
Duskofdead wrote:
Teaos wrote: So I presume I was the only one who found the queen kinda sexy?
She was in the movie Michael Clayton with George Clooney, and she was excellent in that. She is an understated and underused actress, and she can be hot, too.
Even though I certainly am not lacking in criticisms of the movie, in an entertainment sense I loved the TV movie "Atilla", in which Alice Krige played the role of Emperor Valentinian's mother.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think dressed as the Borg queen with the mechanical legs and cool meglomanic evil villan thing makes her very sexy.
*shrug*
Well, everyone to their own, I guess.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I tend to stay away from girls who only have a quarter of their body.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

stitch626 wrote:I tend to stay away from girls who only have a quarter of their body.
You bigot! :D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I tend to stay away from girls who only have a quarter of their body.
I bet you hate the Dutch too... dont feel bad, no one likes them. :P
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.