Are Borg Dead?

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:Didnt the Borg queen say Data's AI was inferior to theirs. Primitive I think she said.
Then why the seduction crap? It was bad enough, I'd hate to think it was pointless.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Maybe since the Queen has more freedom she retains some of her individuality so she was basically just randy.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:Maybe since the Queen has more freedom she retains some of her individuality so she was basically just randy.
*shudder* Perhaps the Borg should assimilate a culture that's discovered dildos then. :lol:
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Teaos wrote:Maybe since the Queen has more freedom she retains some of her individuality so she was basically just randy.
*shudder* Perhaps the Borg should assimilate a culture that's discovered dildos then. :lol:
"Your majesty, how is your sex life going?"

"PERFECT."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"My queen, your ocular implant seems to be misshapen- oh. Never mind."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Tiberius wrote:There are even more advantages in being cyborg. Biological systems can do jobs like cleaning blood much more efficiently than technical systems.
That assumes that you've got blood - a fully artificial life form wouldn't, and any liquids (lubricants, hydraulics, etc) would be better dealt with by draining and replacing them completely, and filtering the drained fluids centrally.

There's also the advantages of an artifical being being stronger, more resilient to wear and tear, easier to repair, and more resilient to damage. Plus you can mass-produce them rather than rely on a steady stream of assimilatees to sustain/expand your force.
However, with biological systems, the construction requirements are already in place. You need to manufacture less if you're just adding implants than if you were creating the whole thing.
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

*shudder* Perhaps the Borg should assimilate a culture that's discovered dildos then.
So I presume I was the only one who found the queen kinda sexy?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:
So I presume I was the only one who found the queen kinda sexy?
Could be, my fetish interest extends only to tattoos and nipple piercings. She reminded me of a really bad dominatrix.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Really bad? I think she would be a kick-arse one. If only she had real legs... robot from the chest down doesnt quite do it for me.

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:Really bad? I think she would be a kick-arse one. If only she had real legs... robot from the chest down doesnt quite do it for me.
I say bad because it seemed like she phoned it in. She's got the outfit but not the prescence.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

However, with biological systems, the construction requirements are already in place. You need to manufacture less if you're just adding implants than if you were creating the whole thing.
We don't really know how easy it is for the Borg to assimilate people in terms of resources. While all the starting blocks may be in place when assimilating an organic creature, there are simply no other possible advantages over a machine. Machines are faster, stronger, can react quicker, can do multiple mental tasks, feel no pain, are difficult to damage, etc, etc, etc.
Basicaly, you'd be making a comparatively pathetic minion, just to save a bit of time and resources. Not a great trade off.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

That's why they equip the drones with shielding and regenerateive implants and tools and the like.
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Rochey wrote:We don't really know how easy it is for the Borg to assimilate people in terms of resources. While all the starting blocks may be in place when assimilating an organic creature, there are simply no other possible advantages over a machine. Machines are faster, stronger, can react quicker, can do multiple mental tasks, feel no pain, are difficult to damage, etc, etc, etc.
Basicaly, you'd be making a comparatively pathetic minion, just to save a bit of time and resources. Not a great trade off.
They'd also have to adjust their implants to the biology of every new species they assimilate, at some additional cost. Hence my AI theory to explain the Borg need for assimilating individuals.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That's why they equip the drones with shielding and regenerateive implants and tools and the like.
All things they likely wouldn't need if they made them purely mechanical.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I've been thinking for a day now and I can not think of a single good reason to maintain organic componants outside of the brain. You would no longer need life support and many other things that organic matter needs.