Captain Seafort wrote:Captain: Kirk
First Officer: Dax (J)
Science: Spock
Helm: Paris
Chief Engineer: Scotty
Ops: Data
Tactical/Security: Reed
Doctor: The EMH
Thought that was an interesting choice. Much as Worf was a fantastic character, he was a victim of TNG tactical stupidity. For all Enterprise's faults, Reed was shown to be quite competent now that I think or it- though I wouldn't have (thought of him) had you not posted this. A very well reasoned, very Seafort-like post :)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

My choices came from who I think could work together and who I like. Reed seems to piss everyone off.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Reed was one of the few Enterprise characters to be well-depicted. Even during the early series', when the senior staff often ended up being depicted as incompetant idiots, Reed somehow managed to come across as someone who actually knew his job.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Teaos wrote:My choices came from who I think could work together and who I like. Reed seems to **** everyone off.
Well, to echo Seafort, that could have been because the rest of the ENT crew were incompetent buffoons. :lol:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Captain: Archer
--This is a close one. Picard is by far and away the better captain. No question there. But Archer went 3 years without a single death! He also was a pioneer. He made correct decision after correct decision. He was friendly to his crew which helped moral (but you can argue Picard's approach is the best). My only gripe about him is he doesn't want to kill anything. Picard wouldn't either I think even Kirk would try to minimize losses so I can't really count off Archer too much for that.

First Officer (which can double as another post): Chatokay
--He should have been the captain of Voyager. And I can see him getting along with my captain choice.

Science: Seven
--Really a toss up between T'Pol and Seven for me. Seven's got those oh so useful insights into the borg though which put her over T'Pol who would probably be a better science officer but I'd rather increase my chance to survive than gather more data.

Helm: Tom Paris
--I think he's the only helm we've ever had with a personality worth following. And he's the only one who's really been bragging worthy of skill.

Opps: Data

Tactical/Security (or separate them): Worf for tactical. Hayes for security.
-- why you ask? Cause ENT had competent ground forces and Hayes may have been one of the best characters ever on Trek's bridge.

Doctor: Dr. Phlox
--I was about to pick the Doctor from VOY but then I got to thinking about how Phlox practically came up with a cure for the Borg and he doubled as a ship councelor. The Doctor would be better over a long term mission but Phlox is good from the start.

Engineering: Tucker
--He seemed to be able to fix anything and was able to get some good character development going.

Communications: Hoshi Sato
--Okay I only had like two to choose from but I wanted to bring her along. She's a freaking machine when it comes to coming up with new languages.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Captain Seafort wrote:Reed was one of the few Enterprise characters to be well-depicted. Even during the early series', when the senior staff often ended up being depicted as incompetant idiots, Reed somehow managed to come across as someone who actually knew his job.
Yeah I had put him down as my choice then I remembered Major Hayes who was by far and away the better officer than Reed. Reed always seemed too depressed and bitter. It kind of got annoying.. he was like a kick ass C3P0.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I thought Worf a little to unstable for my likeing.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

pfft only when he deevolved.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Monroe wrote:pfft only when he deevolved.
"Reunion"? Killing a foreign politician and presidential candidate for in a duel? He was certainly tremendously provoked, but the fact that he threw his career to the wind of Khyler's death certainly indicates a degree of instability and lack of professionalism.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Captain: Me
XO: Cmdr. Jadzia Dax
Conn: Lt. Sean Hawk
Engineering: Lt. Cmdr. Reginald Barclay
Operations: Lt. Cmdr. Kell Perim
CMO: Alyssa Ogawa
Tactical: Lt. Daniels
Security: Maj. Hayes
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Captain Seafort wrote:
"Reunion"? Killing a foreign politician and presidential candidate for in a duel? He was certainly tremendously provoked, but the fact that he threw his career to the wind of Khyler's death certainly indicates a degree of instability and lack of professionalism.
He also abandoned his mission to save his wife during the Dominion War. Which of course leads to the question of why he was deployed with her.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

question of why he was deployed with her.
Sounds like another writer's folly. Even I could write better than them (other than the good eps; I could never write that well)
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:
He also abandoned his mission to save his wife during the Dominion War. Which of course leads to the question of why he was deployed with her.
It was sarcasm :P
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

stitch626 wrote:
question of why he was deployed with her.
Sounds like another writer's folly. Even I could write better than them (other than the good eps; I could never write that well)
Might not be. There might be some rule about it on starships generally, but DS9 was essentially a base, and technically a civilian base Starfleet was just administering. The captain of the Oddyssey made a comment to the effect that the people on DS9 wouldn't cut it on a starship or something. It's been implied before that families work together on bases/starbases.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Captain Seafort wrote:"Reunion"? Killing a foreign politician and presidential candidate for in a duel? He was certainly tremendously provoked, but the fact that he threw his career to the wind of Khyler's death certainly indicates a degree of instability and lack of professionalism.
I loved that episode. I was so happy to watch Duras die. :twisted:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939