6%

Total votes: 18
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Best Trek Movie Moment 10: Nemesis

Post by Varthikes »

I'll admit that Nemesis is far from my top favorite Trek movie, but even this one has its moments.

I'm going to say the ramming of the Scimitar and Data's sacrifice.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I agree. Data;s death was maybe unnecessry, but certainly both valiant and poignant; and Picard's sheer brass in the ramming scene was awesome.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Other: when the fracking thing ended so I could leave the cinema.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

The battle and the subsiquent ramming of the Scimitar
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The preparation for battle and the Scimitar's attack - mainly because it's 90% visuals, and thus had minimum opportunity for stupidity. Plus Shinzon waiting until the comms were blocked before attacking was the most intelligent act of the whole film.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Plus Shinzon waiting until the comms were blocked before attacking was the most intelligent act of the whole film.
Isn't that sort of balanced out due to the Enterprise waltzing straight into a region of space they knew would leave them comm and shield-less?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Rochey wrote:Isn't that sort of balanced out due to the Enterprise waltzing straight into a region of space they knew would leave them comm and shield-less?
It didn't knock out shields - they didn't rip off the Mutara Nebula quite that badly - it just jammed long-range comms and sensors. Given that the E-E was running in a straight line from Romulus to the Neutral Zone, I think the bigger flaw was the task force waiting on the far side of the Bassen Rift, and then failing to come looking for the E-E when she failed to show up.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sorry, that should have been 'sensors' not 'shields'.

As for the fleet, maybe the Admiral just didn't like Picard and wanted him to die?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Which one? :P Picard seems to have butted heads with most of the Admiralty at one time or another - possibly part of the reason why he hasn't got his flag, in addition to Kirk's advice.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Honestly, I enjoyed seeing Data sing "Blue Skies", and Worf's expression.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Actually i'd have to agree with Stitch what ever his name is.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Seafort wrote:The preparation for battle and the Scimitar's attack - mainly because it's 90% visuals, and thus had minimum opportunity for stupidity. Plus Shinzon waiting until the comms were blocked before attacking was the most intelligent act of the whole film.
I can't belive I'm going to say this, but I agree with Seafort.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

ChakatBlackstar wrote:I can't belive I'm going to say this, but I agree with Seafort.
:shock:

Are you feeling alright? :wink:
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:The preparation for battle and the Scimitar's attack - mainly because it's 90% visuals, and thus had minimum opportunity for stupidity. Plus Shinzon waiting until the comms were blocked before attacking was the most intelligent act of the whole film.
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I agree with Seafort.
Uh oh... I think the Universe is going to fall apart.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Gotta go with the Scimitar getting rammed. Proved that Picard had a pair almost as big as Kirk's!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-