Star Trek in your hands.

Trek Books, Games and General chat
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

I could really see that. But rather than a warship bristling with every weapon imaginable, I could see it having a few weapons arrays that are decided on because they are the best weapons of their type, or combinations of technologies. (beam weapons would be, say, an uber-powerful version of the All Good Things Enterprise phaser, or a heavy Cardassian disruptor. The ship would be armed with a couple of transphasic torpedo launchers, say) [rather than 50 pulse phaser emitters, 8 heavy disruptors, 24 ion torpedo launchers, etc. :lol:]

Maybe each power would contribute their best technologies to the ship, like you said. Federation sensors, science labs, propulsion, a Romulan cloaking device and maybe weapons, Klingon armour and maybe weapons, etc., etc.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

I'd love a 2 or 3 parter dealing with the book I,Q. It was such an imaginative look at the Trek universe with a lot of wit. Admittedly it might lose some of the funny parts, which were actually Q's narations and various flashbacks. However, if I'd love to see it pulled off.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

I really like that "Alliance against the Borg" idea, then turning it to exploring other galaxies.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

I'd make a series set after Nemesis onboard the USS Sovereign. It would also explore whats happened the past 5 years from DS9 to crew changes on Voyager and Enterprise E to a new and terrible enemy. There would be quite a bit of humor.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Far as the Enterprise series not talking about the Romulan war my theory about that is they had planned that in the 5-7 seasons of the show. Similiar to how DS9 didn't start out with war agains the Dominion. But sadly the series didn't last long. But I don't know for sure, and I'm thinking I'm the only person on this forum that really liked Enterprise.

And the Paramount vs CBS makes me worry. One of my favorite games of all time is Homeworld. Homeworld, Catacalsym, and Homeworld 2 were all great games but chances are we'll never see another one because there is no one person who is in charge anymore. I'd hate to see that happen to Trek now that there's no central mind behind it.