If Star Trek were to introduce another massive Empire...

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

If Star Trek were to introduce another massive Empire...

Post by Monroe »

First they created the Romulans and Klingons but of course they needed a larger threat. Old enemies get boring. So they made the Borg then the Dominion. Each one controlling most of a quadrant if not more. It is only logical that if they made another Star Trek series they would release one if not two Empires twice as big / powerful as the Borg. Otherwise the audiences can't be captivated.

The Galaxy still has plenty off room for a powerful Empire between Gama and Delta quadrants or even a sister Empire to the Dominion. And Space's so vast it could be a roaming race similiar to how the Yuuzhan Vong were introduced in Star Wars.

So what kind of race would you like to see?

Personally I would like to see a roaming race similiar to the bug races in Starship Troopers / Starcraft / Warhammer 40k. They would be almost like a biological Borg. Would be really awesome, I think anyway.

I also wouldn't mind seeing more of Species 8472 and Oh I don't know, naming them a real name. The Sphere Builders seemed like a good idea too. But I don't like the idea of more humanoids..
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

I'd like to see the next Trek series set much further into the future, with the next group of galactic baddies coming from the Andromeda galaxy or something.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I can't see another big power fitting into our Galaxy.

In the future we will have faster ships so we could realistically be just reaching a new Galaxy.

The show could be about our try to get a foot hold in a galaxy with an already established group of species like the Federation.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

For the love of god, no bio-tech races!

An insectoid species would be interesting though.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The idea of an aquatic species always appealed to me. Mainly because it would be so strange.

Also if they turned nasty we could call Aquaman!!

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

How would an aquatic species get into space?
Its a bit difficult to make fire and electricity underwater. :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You are giving them our tech. They could do it a completly different way than we did. The oceans have so much crap in them they could do things we can't.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

True...
thatcha
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Post by thatcha »

an aquatic species in space....you mean like the xindi aquatics did.......
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah but more advanced. They were cool but also pathetic.

I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

Aquatic species are stupid. They can never become technologically advanced because they can't create fire.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

...right. Think out side the box. They don't have to have the same tech as us. They could do things in a new way that we don't.

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I Am Spartacus wrote:Aquatic species are stupid. They can never become technologically advanced because they can't create fire.
Could be amphibian. They could have evolved in shallow lakes and swamp lands but lived under water... like the Gungans.. okay I just turned myself off to the idea.
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

Teaos wrote:...right. Think out side the box. They don't have to have the same tech as us. They could do things in a new way that we don't.
There's no way to get into space without fire. It just doesn't happen. All elements are the same everywhere in the universe, so although they might be able to synthesize different substances out of these same elements, it's unlikely they'd get to the point of being able to do that.
Dean Martlou
Master chief petty officer
Master chief petty officer

Post by Dean Martlou »

Monroe wrote:
I Am Spartacus wrote:Aquatic species are stupid. They can never become technologically advanced because they can't create fire.
Could be amphibian. They could have evolved in shallow lakes and swamp lands but lived under water... like the Gungans.. okay I just turned myself off to the idea.

Darth Gre:

badass Gungan Sith who kills others for "talking like that".

that help you at all?
Oops.

I shouldn't have told you that last part.