Others (please specify)
13%

Total votes: 15
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Your favourite Trek aliens

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, as the title says, what's your favourite race from Star Trek?
Humans have been excluded for obvious reasons.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

My two Bat'leths hanging beside my bed shall be my answer...
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

That and the fact your forum name is Klingon for "chosen one", right? Yeah, I'm going with the Klingons, too. I like the way the franchise fleshed them out during TNG, from the goofy-looking space pirates of TOS to an honorable, proud race with their own style, their own weapons, and their own courtship rituals (most involve poetry and broken bones!)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

I would be very surprised if Klingons didn't at least finish second.

As to my name, I tried StoVoKor but it was taken at the time...

After them I would really have to say the Vorta, I loved Weyoun, and every other role that Combs has played.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

The Gorn, and not the one we saw in ENT either.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Romulans first. Klingons second. Cardassians third.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'll go for the Tholians. They were the only aliens that were....well, alien.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

I chose the Xindi--specifically, the Insectoids and Aquatics. The Avians sounded interesting, too.

The Gorn were good, too.

And Species 8472.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I voted for the Cardies - not necessarily my favorite mix of characteristic traits, but I really appreciate how 'Trek showed the Cardassians as a gestalt; their politics, history, tendencies, art, design aesthetic, etc., all meshed better than any other race we've seen.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

I voted for the vulcans. I think they brought a lot of novel concepts into sci fi with their mental discipline and manner that are now staples of the genure.

I suppose I could be wrong about that as I wasn't around at the time of course. But they're a well put together and interesting race.

The Klingons come in a close second. The honorable warrior bad guy archtype has been around a long time. And the origional Klingons never struck me as anything more than generic bad guys. However as Trek evolved they really really made something special out of the race.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I voted Romulan because of their shadowy cloak and dagger techniques.
Klingons close second cause of their badass-ness and the K'Tinga class Cruisers, still find that a beautiful ship...even if it is just a lump of brown metal.
Cardassians because of their ships, which I found pleasing, their well designed political machinations and of course...Elim Garak :P
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Romulans
The Romulans were the first true adversary introduced in Star Trek. And it's an awful that they weren't the main antagonist on Nemesis (I would've like to see Federation ships go up against Romulan ships). Overall, the Romulans are like chess masters in the 24th century; wait and make second move.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Do androids count, or would they be classified as whatever species they resemble? Otherwise, I would have to choose... Tholians. I think they're extremely unknown and misterious, even though they have been in a few episodes. We know more about some species that we have not even seen. In my opinion, Tholians are awesome.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Rochey's gonna love you ^^
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Romulans because their ships are cool looking. The D'Deridex-class warbirds and their BoP's are my favs. They're big, bad, and beautiful.