Star Trek: Enterprise
13%

Total votes: 24
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Your favourite series

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Oddly enough, I don't think we ever had a thread about this before.

Well, as the title says, what's your favourite series, and why?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Well, as a whole, DS9. The plot arcs, and the more human quality of it makes it the best hands down IMO. Although if season 4 of Enterprise was it's own series it would be close to DS9 in quality.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

DS9. Every series had its ups and downs, but I think DS9 showed the most consistent level of quality start to finish. It was the only series which used plot arcs through mutliple eps - seasons, even.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

DS9, mainly because it didn't just deal with random problems of the week, but with the ongoing political implications of their actions. The later series were particularly good, as they depicted a wide range of political and military activity, including the rationale, planning and negotiation behind offensives, rather than treating actions as isolated incidents.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
cbosdell
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by cbosdell »

Enterprise is my favorite followed by DS9, TOS, TNG, VOY, TAS. If the show had gotten a season 5 many more would look upon it as their favorite especially if they covered the highlights of the Romulan War for the last half of the season.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Enterprise is my favorite followed by DS9, TOS, TNG, VOY, TAS.
*backs away slowly*

Well, at least no one voted for Voyager. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Enterprise has a bad reputation because of the Akiraprise and the dross in the first two seasons. The Xindi arc, and even more so the short arcs in season 4, had some good solid stories - taken as a whole I'd say it was a decent series that was cancelled just as it was about to become really good.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:Enterprise has a bad reputation because of the Akiraprise and the dross in the first two seasons. The Xindi arc, and even more so the short arcs in season 4, had some good solid stories - taken as a whole I'd say it was a decent series that was cancelled just as it was about to become really good.
True, but I'd say it must be judged on what it was rather than what it could have been. If we were looking at the latter circumstance... the sky was the limit with Coto at the helm. Unfortunately, it was annoying enough (not necessarily "bad") as a whole to outweigh S4.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

TNG. It revived Trek.

And my two cents about Enterprise... The first two seasons weren't that bad, and not like TNG and DSN had stellar first and second seasons either. 'Shades of Gray', anyone? ;)
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:And my two cents about Enterprise... The first two seasons weren't that bad, and not like TNG and DSN had stellar first and second seasons either. 'Shades of Gray', anyone? ;)
TNG also had episodes like "Conspiracy" and "Q Who?", while DS9 had "Duet" and the Circle trilogy. Enterprise had nothing but boring drivel.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

TNG gets bonus points because it's the one I grew up with, and also it ushered in a new age of Trek. Its best episodes were extremely good, and its characters are the ones I'd call my virtual friends more so than DS9s or VOYs. DS9 was more interesting as a series because of the long term arcs - notably the Dominion War arc but also character arcs like the Odo-Kira and Odo-Founders relationships. For a feel good kind of experience, I might go with a TNG favorite, but for any random episode, any episode from the latter seasons of DS9 provides plenty of drama and intrigue (I also enjoyed the Xindi arc in ENT, though I wouldn't put the series as a whole among the leaders; it just created too many problems by ignoring Trek basics)

Sum it up, DS9 gets the nod because of the arcs and politics and developing relationships that other series lacked, though TNG keeps a special place in my heart.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

TOS, maybe it's nostalgia but it's the only one I can watch without getting mad at the TV.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

I went with Next Generation, mainly because I grew up on it. And truthfully, after watching the entire series over the last 2 months, I'm ready to start over again. I've never grown sick of it, and even some of the stinker episodes are thoroughly watchable.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

DS9 followed incredibly closely by Voyager. I like DS9 cause of the war (love my eyecandy) and some of the complex plot lines. And I grew up on Voyager. So Naturally i'm biased toward it.
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

TOS for me. After dismissing them as cheesy relics for years, I revised my opinion after watching them again last year. They seem fresher and somehow braver than the later series.