Turbolifts

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Cpl Kendall wrote:I thought he was a religious psychopath, myself.
Maybe he suffered from that god syndrome some doctors seem to have. Thinking they're god or something. And he does become a Bajoran God in a sense.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

The funny thing is that he kept decrying the position that the Bajorans gave him, but fully acted on it when it was convenient. A very human thing to do, but not a very heroic thing.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

One can give him a pass in "Sacrifice of Angels;" by the time the prophets intervened he was in the middle of performing a suicidal act out of extreme desperation. One might object to Gods helping determine the outcome of a war, but it's just a blip compared to the pagh-wraith possessed Dukat. However, watching Dukat transform from euphoria to anguish and then go totally bonkers at the end of that ep is one of my favotite scenes in DS9. :D
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Dukat was one of the greatest characters of all time. I put him up there with G'kar from B5.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:One can give him a pass in "Sacrifice of Angels;"
SoA isn't the problem - Sisko's attitude in "Rapture", "The Reckoning", "Image in the Sand", "Shadows and Symbols", "'Til Death Do Us Part" and "What You Leave Behind" is the problem. In every one of those episodes he acted as if the Prophets' were infallible, and their every wish should be adhered to to the letter.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I iknow about all of that - I was noting the exception, not disregarding the rule. Plus, it's worth pointing out that Dukat's meltdown is really fun to watch.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who