Should we let Star Trek rest in peace?

Trek Books, Games and General chat

Should we let Trek RIP?

Yes, it's time to stop flogging the dead horse.
21%
No, there's still a chance that it can get better.
79%

Total votes: 24
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I'm sorry if I seemed a bit rude there. Speed Racer has been one of my favorite things since childhood. Still is one of my favorites. Ex: This weekend I spent 70 bucks on a pair of 1:18 scale die cast models of the Mach 5 and the Shooting Star (Racer X's car) which is a pretty good deal by the way. Everyone I know at least has some idea what it's about. I thought it was one those things, like watching Star Wars, where only certain types of people hadn't seen it.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Blackstar wrote:Okay, first things first. If you aren't going to read or even glance at the articles I provide, you shouldn't even bother answering. The guy's name is Speed Racer. That's the main character's name. That's how I know you didn't even glance at it.
Is there any point to this other than being a gigantic Red Herring? I already pointed out that there was precisely zero usefull information in those passages, he didn't need to read them.
And second, he didn't specify that it had to be global.
Once again, you demonstrate that you are the master of nitpicking.
And thirdly, I'm trying to find numbers, but the original airing was in the 60's. Even with the resurgence in the 90's I still haven't found anything yet.
So? You can find rating for TOS easily, and that was decades ago.
Everyone I know at least has some idea what it's about. I thought it was one those things, like watching Star Wars, where only certain types of people hadn't seen it.
Thing is, everyone you know likely has similar tastes to you; you're not going to hang out with someone who doesn't like what you do. Hence the uselessness of these anecdotal claims.
Kendall wrote:Do you have any evidence or shall I accept your concession?
:lol:
Good luck getting a concesion! I've lost count of the amount of times Blackstar has avoided admitting defeat by claiming things like "you just don't understand what I mean", ignoring rebutals or simply ceasing to reply. In fact, I've yet to see Blackstar admit defeat on any subject.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

In that case: ChakatBlackstar your concession has been accepted.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote: So? You can find rating for TOS easily, and that was decades ago.
where?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, you see there's this little site called "Google" that allows you to search the internet for anything you want.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Gee why didn't I think of that? Oh, wait I did. not helpful!
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Gee why didn't I think of that? Oh, wait I did. not helpful!
I guess your SOL, I suspect you need more practice working your cogitator.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Gee why didn't I think of that? Oh, wait I did. not helpful!
It ain't my job to back up your arguments for you.