Ship strengths

Trek Books, Games and General chat
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Ship strengths

Post by mlsnoopy »

How do I rate the strenght of SF ships

1.Well the most powerfull ship is obviously the Sovereign it is well armed has the most powerfull weapons ever fitted to a SF ship. Its fast and can be used for numerus missions.

2. Prometheus heavy firepower probably not as powerfull as the
Sovereign but easly surpasses everything else in the fleet probaly has also good exporation and diplomatic capabilities. ( can someone direct me to the debate where you disected the prommi to the last bolt)

3. Galaxy build as an expolre and as the new flagships. It is in need of severe weapons upgrade but despite all of its problems I still consider it as the third most powerfull ship.
4. and 5. To the 4. place I would pu the Akira but the weaponspod also pushes the Nebula close to the forth place. Where as the Akira should have smaller exporation and diplomatic capabilites. So it is a hard decision

6. It a warship. its that siample Defiant is a powerfull littel ship that has unique weapons. But the lack of any diplomatic and scientific abilities limits its usage. In peacetime it can only sit in storage and waits for a war.

7. THe old girl that when it was upgraded with the latest wepons could fight the defiant toa a stalemate. The Excelsior it has proven it self but it is old and SF has ships that can take up its role.

8. Intrepid class. Voyeger proved that its a good ship but its clearly designed for scince and exploration so it only comes in eight.

9. Miranda it survived the test of time.

10., 11., ... Centauri, Saber, Steamruner, Norway,.... Ships that we don't know alot abaut but we can asume that all the above are stronger than what we are left with.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

1) Sovereign Class
2) Prometheus Class
3) Venture Refit Galaxy
4) Defiant class, USS Lakota
5) Original Configuration Galaxy, Nebula uprated with weapons pod
6) Nebula standard with weapons pod, Akira, Ambassador
7) Nebula AWACS
8) Enteprise B Excelsior
9) Excelsior, Intrepid
10) Nova, Steamrunner, Centaur
11) Miranda Refit, Soyuz
12) Constellation
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

JudgeKing wrote: 9) Excelsior, Intrepid
I'd think the Intrepid could beat the everloving shyte out of an Excelsior?
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Bryan Moore wrote:
JudgeKing wrote: 9) Excelsior, Intrepid
I'd think the Intrepid could beat the everloving shyte out of an Excelsior?
In absolutes, yes. Scaled to their own time frames - no way no how.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

3) Venture Refit Galaxy
5) Original Configuration Galaxy
3. That is the Galaxy class why pu one class opne a list twice

USS Lakota
That is an experimental refit of a class that is going out of service.
Defiant class
I don't think that a lone defiant could defete a Nebula or an Akira expecily when it gets 20 torpedos up its ass.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

mlsnoopy wrote:
3) Venture Refit Galaxy
5) Original Configuration Galaxy
3. That is the Galaxy class why pu one class opne a list twice

USS Lakota
That is an experimental refit of a class that is going out of service.
Defiant class
I don't think that a lone defiant could defete a Nebula or an Akira expecily when it gets 20 torpedos up its ass.
3. Because there are two types of Galaxy Class, the Venture Refit and the original configuration before the Venture Refit.

The Lakota did give the Defiant a run for its money and both were capable of destroying each other if they'd used the Quantum Torpedoes.

Against an Akira or Nebula, the Defiant has armor, maneuverable, and weapons on its side.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

3. Because there are two types of Galaxy Class, the Venture Refit and the original configuration before the Venture Refit.

That is why I wrote that the Galaxy should get a spall weapons upgrade it needs one but even without it their performence during the Dominion war was excelent.
The Lakota did give the Defiant a run for its money and both were capable of destroying each other if they'd used the Quantum Torpedoes.
Lakota was an experiment how much the excelsior frame can be upgraded. A lakota class does not exist. New designes can probably handel even bigger upgrades.
Against an Akira or Nebula, the Defiant has armor, maneuverable, and weapons on its side.
Its shild systems are probably weaker than Akiras or Nebulas, considering that in sacrifece of angels defiant lost its shild after it broke through the battle lasted for two hours and I doubt that mirandas did the fighting. Akira and Nebula have 360 weapons cover so maneuverble wouldn't be such a huge advatage, weapons quantos may be a small advatege but the number of photons that each can shoot, give the A and N grater torpedo firepower.