Up, down, top or bottom of Borg ships?

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:I was aware of Borg transwarp, but we have seen Borg cubes outrun the most advanced Fed ship at the time, the E-D, apparently using some form of conventional warp.
And without repositioning or maneuvering to acheive a new heading.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Maybe the Borg have warp coils along all three axes of the cube? They certainly have the space for it. Some combination of two sets of coils allows edge-forward travel?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Maybe the Borg have warp coils along all three axes of the cube? They certainly have the space for it. Some combination of two sets of coils allows edge-forward travel?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:Maybe the Borg have warp coils along all three axes of the cube? They certainly have the space for it. Some combination of two sets of coils allows edge-forward travel?
Very possible. Or, they have a form of field generation that doesn't use a coil with a linear axis.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer