Xintal Linojj

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Xintal Linojj

Post by Meste17 »

So I have read on the Memory Beta article on a Commander Xintal Linojj, who famously served as executive officer aboard a certain famous ship called the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-B).

I read that in 2319, she became grievously wounded when a portal to another universe amputated her arm, as per The Lost Era novel One Constant Star. What could this possibly mean for her career? Might she have to step down as first officer? Will she remain XO of the Enterprise?
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Re: Xintal Linojj

Post by bladela »

Is it plausible that a bionic substitute is proposed to him as they did to Nog?
It does not seem so advanced that it can not be available at the beginning of the 24th century.
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Meste17 wrote:I read that in 2319, she became grievously wounded when a portal to another universe amputated her arm, as per The Lost Era novel One Constant Star. What could this possibly mean for her career? Might she have to step down as first officer? Will she remain XO of the Enterprise?
I don't see why it would have a significant effect - command level officers tend not to have jobs where a full set of limbs, eyes, etc, are essential to their performance, especially if fully functional or near-fully functional replacements are available. Certainly commanding a starship with one arm would be somewhat less taxing than flying a Spitfire with no legs.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

It is true, especially considering that the vocal interfaces seem completely complementary to the physical ones, in the on-board systems.
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

In Melora, she expressed amazement that anybody would design a station which had poor facilities for disabled people. Seems to me the implications of that are that Starfleet is very much in favour of disabled personnel continuing to serve. So sure, I don't see it impacting anything.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer