Most rewatched episodes of various Star Trek on Netflix

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Most rewatched episodes of various Star Trek on Netflix

Post by Nutso »

This List of the Most Re-Watched Star Trek Episodes Is Baffling
There’s a few specific criteria here—Netflix counts a “re-watch” as a viewer going back to watch at least 6 minutes of an episode they had already viewed in its entirety, and the first two episodes of a series were culled from the results as they were, unsurprisingly, the most popular by an overwhelming margin. But what’s left after that for the 10 most re-watched episodes after that is a frankly alarming collection of episodes.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Re: Most rewatched episodes of various Star Trek on Netflix

Post by Bryan Moore »

The Borg connection makes sense - there are enough people with a hard-on for the Borg that I can understand this, although I don't think I've watched these more than once on Netflix, save for BoBW. "Time and Again," however is as mind-boggling and unexpected episode as I could think of, in regards to being re-watched: If you gave me 250 guesses, I might actually need another 400 more, and even then, perhaps still the other 66 remaining episodes before I got that.

Funny thing is, I would not have predicted Clues, even though it is an episode I find immensely re-watchable and have probably gone through that one more than most episodes (Have gone through the series on Netflix twice, and a handful of episodes another 3-10 times, depending. This would be a top-20 most-watched for me).
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Very surprised to see Voyager feature so prominently on the list.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Very surprised to see Voyager feature so prominently on the list.
Same. I... wish I had more to add, but there it mostly is.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Remember that VOY was more contemporary with a Netflix-friendly audience.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

That's what I was going to say, my gen only know Voyager and DS9.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I grew up on Voyager and even then it was reruns. It was my introduction to star trek and so it was for most people around my age point (early 20s to late 20s) so it stands to reason it's prominent. It'll always have a soft spot for me, even if I am now aware of it's deficiencies in the face of the awesomeness that is DS9.

Besides, at least I didn't focus on Enterprise. I was 6 when that started and 10 when it finished so that would have been the more logical one to follow :shock: :roll: