So this is happening...

Everything else
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: So this is happening...

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

I've seen the first season. It's good.
And yes, the first season takes place on one planet. It's only ten episodes long though. (I miss the time when shows were 20-22 episodes each season.)

Took a while, and I LIKE how it got treated as an aside, but that Judy is a non-white daughter of white parents implies either adoption or that, given she's the eldest, from a previous relationship, and the show doesn't make a point of going out of its way to say anything about it, until another character in the show actually decides to ask when they realise they're related, and we get the explanation that he was born before their dad was 'in the picture'. So Penny and Will are Judy's half-siblings (same mom).

I also like that Shang Tsung is here. I mean... uh, I don't know his name, but he played Shang Tsung in the Mortal Kombat movie from the 90s, so...

The set up is good, I like the flashing back that isn't even in the flashbacks' sequence, so we're not having to wait till episode two or three for the space stuff, while not being left in the lurch for backstory.

I will say, that they seem to recover quickly, and I couldn't help but think, "Wait, haven't they only been there a few days?" Just TRY to keep track of how long they've been on the planet for.

There's one idea that I think was kind of stupid - and my reason isn't the reason why in-universe it was stupid. There's some elements that aren't fleshed out, or are merely there to setup for later.

trying not to spoil it here, btw.

I have to say this though:

Chekovs' Poop!
make of that what you Will.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: So this is happening...

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So I watched the first two today.

Production values are high. They spent a lot of money on this!

Acting is fine.

I'm kind of bummed out about it being on a planet. I suggested that looked like the case, and it seems to be panning out that way. I don't tune in to Lost in Space in order to watch Lost on a Planet.

Robot's kind of cool, I like it being an alien robot. It's a little cheesy that it reconfigures itself to be man-in-suit compatible though. Smells of saving money on CGI. Which is fine as such, but why float a non-humanoid robot in the first place in you can't afford one?

I find the pace rather slow. When I thought about what actually happened in the first couple of episodes, it was awful thin to cover two whole hours of TV.

And honestly, I don't like the characters much. I find most of them boring, and one or two mildly irritating.

All in all I don't love it, I don't hate it, I just find it kind of dull. I dunno if I'm going to bother watching any more or not.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...