Meeting/seeing actors in the flesh

Everything else
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Meeting/seeing actors in the flesh

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I had my picture taken with William Shatner at a convention in the mid-aughts. Not much to it. Got in line, stood slightly behind him with another friend, *SNAP!* And that was about it.
Startrekanmore
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Startrekanmore »

To add one more to my list. I did have my picture taken with Kunta Kinte, errr, Geordi, errrrrr LaVar Ball. No, no no, no!!! LaVar Burton, That's it! LaVar Burton.

*<:*)X
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Griffin wrote:I saw Tom Hanks at a grocery store in Los Angeles a few years ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.

When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
If this was a different celebrity I would instantly think he was an asshole. But from what I have heard about Tom Hanks is that he does do things like this, usually jokes or something.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

I shook Chuck Yeager's hand once, about 25 years ago. I met James Doohan at a grocery store opening, Walter Koenig at University of Michigan Dearborn in '88. Marina Sirtis signed something for me and I had a nice little exchange with her regarding music that made my friend smile. I asked her if she liked Kate Bush and she said yes, but she preferred bands like Heart. Dave, standing behind me, was an immense Heart fan so it made his day.

I met Detroit news caster Huel Perkins but I didn't realize it was him until later. He was a nice guy. I think that's about it.