Best Screen Version of Sherlock Holmes

Everything else
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Best Screen Version of Sherlock Holmes

Post by Varthikes »

I recently started watching the Jeremy Brett series. I'm halfway through the Adventures at the moment.

I've also been through all the Basil Rathbone movies and the 1954 TV version.

I really liked Rathbone's Holmes, though I didn't like how Watson was portrayed in those movies. He seemed rather useless most of the time.

The '54 TV version was a bit better. Loved the theme. Though, I was a little disappointed that they never had Professor Moriarty.

So far, the Jeremy Brett series is shaping up to be the best I've seen so far. I have yet to see the recent movies or the current TV version. I will eventually.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Best Screen Version of Sherlock Holmes

Post by Vic »

I do like Jeremy Brett's version of Holmes, due to nostalgia though it will always be Basil Rathbone for me. The good Doctor on the other hand is harder to nail down, too many time he's the bumbling assistant when he is NOT that in the Strand publication. When you get to the Robert Downey Jr. movies I think you will either love 'em or hate 'em. They do bring an nice new view point, I do like their Dr. Watson though.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington