DC Comics' Supergirl TV Show

Everything else
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

DC Comics' Supergirl TV Show

Post by Nutso »

http://www.superherohype.com/news/34085 ... r#/slide/1
CBS has just released a lengthy first look trailer for their upcoming DC Comics series, “Supergirl”! You can check out the full video, running nearly seven minutes long, in the player below!

Hailing from Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Productions (who also produce the hit DC Comics series “Arrow” and “The Flash” for The CW), “Supergirl” is an action-adventure drama based on the DC Comics character Kara Zor-El (Benoist), Superman’s (Kal-El) cousin who, after 12 years of keeping her powers a secret on Earth, decides to finally embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Twelve-year-old Kara escaped the doomed planet Krypton with her parents’ help at the same time as the infant Kal-El. Protected and raised on Earth by her foster family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex (Chyler Leigh), and learned to conceal the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin in order to keep her identity a secret. Years later at 24, Kara lives in National City assisting media mogul and fierce taskmaster Cat Grant (Golden Globe Award winner Calista Flockhart), who just hired the Daily Planet’s former photographer, James Olsen (Brooks), as her new art director. However, Kara’s days of keeping her talents a secret are over when Hank Henshaw (David Harewood), head of a super-secret agency where her sister also works, enlists her to help them protect the citizens of National City from sinister threats. Though Kara will need to find a way to manage her newfound empowerment with her very human relationships, her heart soars as she takes to the skies as Supergirl to fight crime.

The pilot episode of “Supergirl” was written by Ali Adler (“No Ordinary Family”) and Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Flash”). They will also executive produce along with Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros. TV.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: DC Comics' Supergirl TV Show

Post by McAvoy »

Long trailer.

I like costume and I can see Olsen being a love interest for Karl.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Hmm, looks a bit "young & hip" for my taste, but I'll give it a go. There aren't enough female superheroes around, so I hope this succedes.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

It feels like a hip and young girl show. Girl power and all. No ugly people type of show.

I will watch it. I gave The Flash a chance.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Looks like CBS is about to shit another franchise's bed, the way the CW did to the Flash. This will not break into my TV rotation.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Wasn't interested at all to be honest. But after seeing the trailer I might like this.

I like that the lead is very likable and almost normal.....there isn't this ridiculous brooding sadness all other heroes seem to have nowadays.

I like that it seems to be quite light-hearted with some humour in it. It's not grim-dark. The city doesn't need saving. People haven't failed this city. This city isn't going to hell etc. etc. etc. So yeah....looks good imho, altough the trailer....was pretty much the whole pilot without the ad-breaks, lol.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.