What the hell is a Lexx?
20%

Total votes: 20
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Lexx

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I don't know if any of you guys got the chance to see this gem of a sci-fi show; do yourselves a favor and try to find it somewhere. I was on the 'worst ship designs' thread, and I remembered that the Lexx is one of my favorites. It's mostly tongue-in-cheek, but there are a lot of serious and even gruesome moments, it has some of the best characters ever in sci-fi, and the acting is awesome (mostly). The sfx are mostly top-notch as well (a few of the live-action/cgi effects are bad, but watching the Lexx in action is always fun).

Here's a link to more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexx
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Unfortunately never seen it. Looked at the Wiki article. The Lexx was certainly a...unusual design.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

That's part of why I love it. :D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Saw it. Wasn't thrilled with it, nor did I dislike it. Indiferent.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Did you catch any of the movies (season one)? "Eating Pattern" with Rutger Hauer was particularly awesome.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

I saw a few episodes.

I like FarScape and Moya better.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

So do I. I just noticed that this hadn't been covered before, so I thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention. It really is an enjoyable show.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

Reliant121 wrote:Unfortunately never seen it. Looked at the Wiki article. The Lexx was certainly a...unusual design.
I remember someone on another message board describing it as a male's genitalia.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Perhaps a very unfortunate male...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, I remember it. Some of it was fun - and MMMM, Xenia Seeberg...

And, Tsukiyumi - where did you find season eps? I thought American programming began with S2.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

They aired them on sci-fi channel back in '99 or 2000, IIRC. They're awesome, if you haven't seen them.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I loved that show! It was so funny! I would hate to see those actors trying to keep straight faces while filming. :lol:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Lexx

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Super Necro POWER!

The entire show is on Hulu, for our American members. :D
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

It was a weird show. Still charming and watchable, but weird.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nutso wrote:It was a weird show. Still charming and watchable, but weird.
Honestly, it's so bizarre, I feel like I'm on hallucinogens just watching it. Which is part of why I love it. :)