Marvel's Daredevil

Everything else
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Marvel's Daredevil

Post by kostmayer »

Am only 2 episodes into it but its been terrific so far. The end of Episode 2 has one hell of a fight scene.

Lots of sly references to The Avengers too.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: Marvel's Daredevil

Post by Jim »

It was a good set of episodes. However, it would have been nicer if the story moved a little faster.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

It had a REALLY good villain (at least imho...I don't know the comics so I don't care if he's spot on or not) and a really good hero.

The supporting cast was annoying however. Foggy Nelson started out not so bad...but got more annoying and whiny as the series went on. Karen Page likewise started out not so bad.....but her actions and motivations became more stupid and downright unbelievable as the series progressed. I liked her character at first but at the end....I wouldn't mind killing her off, idk....she's evil imho.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

TBF, Foggy Nelson was hella annoying in the comics too.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I checked the guidelines for reviving dead threads... I thing this qualifies as value/new...

Season 2 Punisher trailer. I think Pt 2 (out 2/25) will be the Electra trailer. The Punisher was always one of my favorite characters. It looks like they did him well in this. Fingers crossed. This will be a binge watch...

Actually, if they made this show Punisher and Electra and sent Daredevil to Hawaii for vacation... that would be even better :happydevil:
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Interesting choice for a Punisher. He doesn't have the build but definitely the attitude.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

These Netflix shows seem to be removed from the need for comic book look bodies. Not every male needs to be cut rippling muscles and not every female needs to be 36-24-34 standing on tip-toes with pouty lips.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

These are supposedly leading up to a "Defenders" miniseries, once individual series have introduced Luke Cage and Iron Fist to go along with Jessica Jones and Daredevil. Being of a lesser scope than, say, the Avengers, the aim seems to be to humanize the characters along with their setting.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer