Defiance

Everything else
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Defiance

Post by McAvoy »

I finally gave the show a shot. It's ok.

Maybe it's not explained, but why are there so many races?

Anyway, I think they should have put it further in the future. I cannot see how humans just gave up so shortly after the end of Earth as we know it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: Defiance

Post by Jim »

I started watching the show when it first started. Maybe the first 6 or so episodes. It couldn't hold my attention. Even the high levels of Jamie Murray being nearly naked and very flirtive... still couldn't hang long term.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Watch Spartacus Gods of the Arena if you want to see 'more' of Jaime Murray.

I am up to I think the 6th episode. It's ok.

Kinda reminds me like Eureka. A guy with special skills and his daughter come into a town and he ends up being the sheriff and has to fix issues each week.

Of course it is more adult than Eureka and dirtier...
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Watched the pilot, and after that I couldn't force my finger to make the remote got to SyFy when this abomination was airing. It quite literally became the buzzword in my own personal jargon for the line between mediocre and absolute crap. You'll have noticed me reference the (then) upcoming SyFy series Dominion by asking if it were going to be Defiance-level shit, or OTOH passabl watchable.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer