Game of Thrones Season 5 New Cast Announced

Everything else
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Game of Thrones Season 5 New Cast Announced

Post by Nutso »

Well DITL doesn't discuss Game of Thrones but, the reason I posted this here is because Alexander Siddig, the good Dr. Bashir, has been cast as Doran Martell an important character, or at least a character with a lot of dialog.

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/07/25/ne ... announced/

Alexander Siddig as Doran Martell

Doran Martell is the ruling lord of Dorne and older brother to the late Prince Oberyn Martell. Unlike his brother, Doran is even-tempered and deliberate. Now, all of Dorne waits to see how their lord will react to his brother’s death.

Alexander Siddig is a Sudanese-born English actor. He is best known for his role of Dr. Julian Bashir in the hit television series Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, as well as Prince Nasir Al-Subaai in Syriana, and as Imad ad-Din al-Isfahani in Kingdom of Heaven.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Game of Thrones Season 5 New Cast Announced

Post by McAvoy »

Awesome! He will definitely fit in.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

A bit young for a gout riddled old man.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Teaos wrote:A bit young for a gout riddled old man.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Nice!

To be to be against ages in the show is much different than the books. Alolof the Stark children are much oolder in the show. Sansa is 14 in the books. The actress is definitely not 14. Same goes with Kales. Obviously the sex with her could not be done if she was 14.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sweet. I've been saying for years that I'd like to see Siddig in something else of epic scale. While I'm not familiar with the character (yet), I'm sure he'll rock the part.

Side note: Oberyn was my favorite new character last season, so Siddig, as his brother, now seeking vengeance will be awesome.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

They call it, "The Rich Man's disease."
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Sweet. I've been saying for years that I'd like to see Siddig in something else of epic scale. While I'm not familiar with the character (yet), I'm sure he'll rock the part.

Side note: Oberyn was my favorite new character last season, so Siddig, as his brother, now seeking vengeance will be awesome.
He was a fan favorite. Everyone liked him and his fight was awesome and brutal at the same time.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

His brother is nothing like him though. Not really spoilerish, its just his character.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Oberyn was the best fighter on the show so far. Too consumed with his revenge, though. :madashell:

I wasn't expecting Siddig to play a super badass; just a major political player.
Especially after Tywin's death; that really changes the dynamic politically.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I've still not seen any of this "Game of Thrones", though I am sorely tempted with Alexander Siddig joining the cast. Either that or wait til it's all done with and get the boxsets.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:I've still not seen any of this "Game of Thrones", though I am sorely tempted with Alexander Siddig joining the cast. Either that or wait til it's all done with and get the boxsets.
Well there are four seasons. Ten or so episodes each. They are talking about seven or more seasons with a movie to end it.

Honestly you need to watch each episode twice to catch references.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Read the books.

Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Teaos wrote:Read the books.
Unfortunately this is not an option for me. Due to my mental health I lack the necessary concentration to read fiction, I have tried over the years but to no avail. I think out of all my books I have only 3 fiction, and hundreds of non-fiction. I find it difficult to follow the storyline when reading fiction.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Audiobooks?
Stan - South Park