Everything else
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Red Dwarf series 11 currently being written but,

Post by Nutso »

not yet commissioned by Dave.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a54 ... jules.html
Danny John-Jules has confirmed to Digital Spy that series 11 of Red Dwarf is currently being written, but further details about the show's future remain unclear.

The space sitcom, which stars Chris Barrie, Danny John-Jules, Craig Charles and Robert Llewellyn, returned for its first full series in over a decade in 2012. The show's 10th series brought in record ratings for UKTV's Dave channel and the cast have all expressed an interest in returning for series 11.

Doug Naylor posted on Twitter in October that Dave still hadn't commissioned series 11, but actor John-Jules said that hadn't stopped the writer cracking on with scripts.

"Doug Naylor is writing as we speak. He told me off for ringing him up the other day and asking about it," said John-Jules. "He said I was interfering with his writing."

He also partially explained why there has been so little news about the new series, commenting: "It happens all the time with Red Dwarf. We say something and we get Doug Naylor on the phone saying, 'What the hell did you say that for?' So you can understand why we're quite shy in talking about these things."

Red Dwarf originally aired on BBC Two for eight series between 1988 and 1999. It was dropped after series 8, despite still pulling in big ratings for the broadcaster, regularly picking up over 6 million viewers.

John-Jules currently stars in Death in Paradise, which airs on Tuesday nights on BBC One.
Danny John-Jules sure is confident about this. :?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Spocky
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Red Dwarf series 11 currently being written but,

Post by Spocky »

My opinion? Dave would be insane not to have series 11. So there probably won't be a series 11. Unless someone else picks it up. Who though?