Sherlock

Everything else
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Sherlock

Post by McAvoy »

Watching the unaired version right now. I am getting a hardcore kick out of it. That means I drink more out of it because I enjoy it.

Only 21 minutes into it.

As such if there is no thread this can be an officialDITL Sherlock thread.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Sherlock

Post by Teaos »

Sherlock is my favorite currently produced TV show. I only wish they made more than 3 a year.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Yes I heard but they are double length though.

Any reason why its so short?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Fuck it I got a week off for Spring Break. This will be my series for this week.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Each episode is 1 and a half hours long so with three of them it's fairly long.

Also they have a high production value. Almost more of a movie.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I was told this.

Though from what I have seen I take it Sherlock has many memorable quotes.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Brit TV generally goes for short season runs, for various reasons.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

It's bullshit. Three episodes per season? Bullshit I tell you.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Honestly, all the episodes are great, but I still love the first one. Closely followed by "The Woman". The one with the chemical factory was the worst, but still great.

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Professor Moriarty for me is hate and love. His voice I hate. His methods I love. His mannerisms I hate. But overall entertaining.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I think your supposed to hate him, I think he did it on purpose to just really piss people off. i hated it at first, then I appreciated how fucking annoying it is.

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Speaking of which the first episode of the second 'series' is excellent. Very much like a movie. You Brits need to do something and demand more. Three episodes isn't enough. I mean if Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead can manage to do it on a hefty price tag I think this series can manage it on a six or eight episode season.

I cannot say yet why he does it. Moriarty seems to do offshore part of his personality and maybe the actor does it for it for actor reasons. To be honest I have been corrupted by TNG and their version of Professor Moriarty
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I think thats a big part, they wanted him to be different to the more dignified version, that people have always portrayed him as.

Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

A large part of it is that UK series are mostly written by one person, or a very small team of people. For instance the US version of Sherlock, Elementary, has fifteen people listed with writing credit. Sherlock has four, and one of them is Arthur Conan Doyle. Who is a good writer, but probably didn't contribute that much this time around...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Oh, I don't know, Graham. Without Mister Doyle I daresay there'd be no series at all. ;)

I've read the entire Doyle Canon, but haven't seen this series. What I've heard of Miss Adler's role is simultaneously amusing and makes me shake my head and roll my eyes.