Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Everything else
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Jim »

MAOS was renewed for season 2. They also announced a new series, Marvel's Agent Carter. It will be set in the late 40's and revolve around Carter's work post Captain America and pre SHIELD.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Fuck yes!, on both counts
Bite my shiny metal ass
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Glad they are doing another seasons now it is doing better. But surprised they are doing another show since ratings are only okayish.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I am enjoying it. Not the best made show ever, but Clark Gregg is great as is Ming-Na.

P.S. S2 will be a split season, with a run of a new show called Agent Carter in the winter break. Yes, Hayley Atwell's Agent Peggy Carter.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Another Enterprise I wonder?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I doubt it. The backstory is already laid from The Avengers, and the direction seems to be set from the "Agent Carter" one-shot short film that was on the Iron Man 3 Blu-ray. Besides, I think Whedon is directing.
as Bull offed Custer
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

After yesterday's show I am leaning more and more towards them bringing the Inhumans into the story (Marvel Cinematic Universe). The only thing that threw me was then saying that the blue guy that they are getting the drug from was "thousands of years old, pre-pyramids". That line made me think that maybe he is En Sabah Nur (Apocalypse) but that doesn't fit with the rest of the pieces of the puzzle. Now that the writing is pointing towards a city... the Inhumans left "society" and live in their own city.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

You're thinking that the blueprint is the city of Attilan? I can see where you get that, but there's a couple of issues. First, I'm not sure how Inhuman blood could lead to immortality if an unaugmented Inhuman only lived a bit longer than a normal human. The Inhumans with real powers, over and above a slightly superhuman physique, got them from Kree technology rather than from some genetic source. Second, didn't Black Bolt destroy Attilan?

EDIT: Hmm, it appears you may be closer to right than I expected. Attilan may indeed be a candidate for the mystery city, as may be Wakanda - considering that two of the Marvel Cinematic Universe films currently in development are Inhumans and Black Panther.
as Bull offed Custer
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Black Bolt might have destroyed Attilan in the books, but that does not mean that has happened in the MCU yet. The MCU does not acknowledge the existence of telepathic abilities (yet) so anything is possible time-line wise.

I do not see the connection to Wakanda and the alien, blood or abilities, but I am not very knowledgeable in the full history of Black Panther's story.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I'm not sure I see the connection between the alien blood and Wakanda either - but Wakanda is a super-science society, and Black Panther is an upcoming movie franchise.
as Bull offed Custer
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Wow...now the show suffers a bit from a to broad cast imho...but the season 2 finale was just great imho.

Kyle Mclachlan was just amazing the whole season. Did take a while to get used to his character but his story arc was the one standing out imho. What a tragic character.

Overrall.....altough the season was a bit mixed imho (to many villains, to many minor story arcs) the finale was absolutely great imho.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Atekimogus wrote:Wow...now the show suffers a bit from a to broad cast imho...but the season 2 finale was just great imho.

Kyle Mclachlan was just amazing the whole season. Did take a while to get used to his character but his story arc was the one standing out imho. What a tragic character.

Overrall.....altough the season was a bit mixed imho (to many villains, to many minor story arcs) the finale was absolutely great imho.
I am kind of the opposite. I like a bunch of minor arcs as opposed to one big arc that is the center of attention but takes forever to resolve. For me that gets boring after the 3rd episode or so.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I didn't mind the "minor" arcs, as I thought Whedon & Co. did a pretty decent job of pulling a lot of threads together in interesting - or at least passable - ways. Great wrap-up, and yes - MacLachlan did a phenomenal turn on the show.
as Bull offed Custer
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Jim wrote: I am kind of the opposite. I like a bunch of minor arcs as opposed to one big arc that is the center of attention but takes forever to resolve. For me that gets boring after the 3rd episode or so.
You got a good point there. To be honest...I don't mind having not an overreaching arc and I quite liked the show in Season 1 when they were tackling problems on a week to week basis.

In this case however.....I mean I get it. It's Hydra and you cut one head yadda yadda.....but they went through villains kinda fast imho and still managed to almost have no character progression for the main cast (except Skye).

And that is also kind of my main complaint about the show...its not Agents of Shield. It is "Skye.........and a few Agents of Shield"! I was always more expecting a kinda..Men in Black show in the Marvel universe. But now Skye got superpowers. Simmons is probably the next.

And there are actually very few "Agents" on the show. Honestly...it's just Coulson and Koenig (Patton Oswalds character) at this point. The rest are either Black Widow wannabes, folks with superpowers or lab-geeks.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I think that's a bit of the point - Fitz, Simmons, Skye (pre-Inhuman, just hacker-kid Skye,) etc., aren't traditional field operatives, but are no less important agents for all that.
as Bull offed Custer