Long voyages

Everything else
Moonshadow
Petty officer first class

Re: Long voyages

Post by Moonshadow »

Ummm...I don't think the Federation has access to Gallifreyan TARDIS technology....I could be wrong....
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Take a look at the various images we have so Voayger's shuttlebay then compare it to the actual size of the ship. Now look at the doors, and then the width of the Delta Flyer. The DF is too big to fit in Voyager's shuttlebay and if you start to do the math the back of the DF is too big to fit in what we see from the outside.
Moonshadow

Post by Moonshadow »

I'll go back and look at it when I get a chance....might be ahwile. I don't have access to the dvd's right now and its not on reruns in my area.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Tyyr wrote:Take a look at the various images we have so Voayger's shuttlebay then compare it to the actual size of the ship. Now look at the doors, and then the width of the Delta Flyer. The DF is too big to fit in Voyager's shuttlebay and if you start to do the math the back of the DF is too big to fit in what we see from the outside.
Actually, I think it does fit. I did a bit of measuring last time this came up.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I disagree. The image of the thing being constructed is very clear and has people standing right next to it. It looks to me to be closer to five meters high. Then again I think it would look better with that dorsal hump shaved off.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

So... yes the Delta Flyer has TARDIS technology. Maybe the Borg assimilated it? :P

But I do like the Runabout better. Only because at least it makes sense.

The Delta Flyer makes no sense. It is too fan boyish for me.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Eh, it was made by Tom who was a bit of a fanboy for hotrods and such.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Yeah. The guy outfitted the controls like a zeerust rocketship. 8) :lol:
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

You would think with a captain like Janeway that his fan boyish crap wouldn't have gotten to far. I honestly can only see Kirk and Sisko accepting it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

McAvoy wrote:You would think with a captain like Janeway that his fan boyish crap wouldn't have gotten to far. I honestly can only see Kirk and Sisko accepting it.
Considering Sisko and the solar sail he built, I can almost see him embracing it. ;)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Well Sisko did have his own hotrod...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Delta flyer is more than big enough for two people to travel in enough comfort not to go crazy, its built tough so you can actually do stuff with it and not worry about it blowing up if someone taps it. It also has weapons strong enough to scare away pirates. It is a jack of all trades ship which is what you need.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.